More Bad Local Press for Legit Firearms Owners

Timney

Just seen an article in the local paper today that is likely to fan the flames on gun ownership licensing laws...

News and Star

This guy owns a gamedealers business thats been running for many years, not sure he will be getting much business from shooters and stalkers from this point on? He may have p*ssed on his own chips!!!:rolleyes:

Timney

Selfish action of a sad old git...

Whose opinion counts for nothing as by his own admission/ statement he has not actually recovered from any treatment/pills so is therefore still a fruit cake

Having given his own guns in its a case of adding his own scaremongering to fuel the anti's

Total w8nker

This bloke live's in my village and is a compleate tosser who love's the sound of his own voice.
He bought the village pub and closed it as he said it was not proffitable for him to keep open even though it is built on top of Hadrians wall and is teaming with tourist's after he refused to install a proper fire alarm for the B&B and was stoped from trading by the fire officer.
He now runs his game dealer's from the Pub with out planing

It's becoming obvious to me that very soon all applications will be checked with your gp regarding ones mental health I give it two years max just my opinion of course, who else thinks the same?

It's becoming obvious to me that very soon all applications will be checked with your gp regarding ones mental health I give it two years max just my opinion of course, who else thinks the same?

If this is the case the firearms ownership will cost a lot more. My local practice refuse to sign firearms applications because of the perceived risk already. How easy will it be to find one who would take the risk and how much will it cost when you find them. Its odd really to think that a profession who commit suicide at the rate of three times the national average should be deemed mentally capable of vetting the rest of the population.

I`m sure i heard this chap on the radio last week......... he came across as a bit "hollier than thou" now he had given up his guns.
Also he openly admitted he lied about his health.

Here where you are coming from Howa but the sad fact is that the law see's Doctors as professionals and will take their word over ours, i once mentioned this to my FLO that doc's have a high rate for suicide so how can their sayso over the applicant be viable......he said to me the problem is lots of police and government officials see gun owners in this country as wannabe low rent terrorists and because of this they want a professionals opinion as to how mentaly able you are to have a firearm.

paul

If this is the case the firearms ownership will cost a lot more. My local practice refuse to sign firearms applications because of the perceived risk already. How easy will it be to find one who would take the risk and how much will it cost when you find them. Its odd really to think that a profession who commit suicide at the rate of three times the national average should be deemed mentally capable of vetting the rest of the population.

No doubt but they are trying at present to put the prices up if they succeed which I think they will who is to say it won't include what we're talking about?

Fosters the Game dealers he took over was a long established family firm that is now defunct, pity as they were decent lads that worked there. He had his fingers in too many pies in my opinion. He was also some form of Priest if I recall correctly.

game dealer

What a silly man, maybe he bought the game dealers becouse he is an anti and wanted to close it down like the pub? whatever he is a T--t :-|

No definitely not an anti, they were good lads to deal with at the game dealers he was just a bit full on and seemed to be doing all-sorts instead of concentrating on one business.

Some people aim to be self publicists but end up media fodder. I can't think of a more tactful way of putting that... :eek:

Some people aim to be self publicists but end up media fodder. I can't think of a more tactful way of putting that... :eek:

He was definitely a self publicist, I was trying to be tactful in my replies but you have summed him up very well.

i once mentioned this to my FLO that doc's have a high rate for suicide

For one of my shotgun renewals years ago I had a visit from one of our local Bobbies he seemed a reasonable guy and my missus (brought up with guns) was sat with us and he obviously wanted her opinion on me shooting. She needless to say said she was fine about it and he asked "he isn't likely to go and shoot anyone is he ?" she assured him I was of sound mind and after a few more inane questions he left.
Now although I received my SGC in due course I subsequently learnt the guy had topped himself a few weeks after seeing me, and no before you ask it wasn't such a traumatic experience being in my company. Apparently he had gambling, drink and wife problems yet he was asking me about being unhinged and killing people, I wonder how things would have turned out if he had been the owner of a shotgun ?

good area to be a game dealer , you could make a good living doing it up there . The bloke must be mad

I wouldn't have a problem with the GPs being asked if they know of any reason for an individual not to be granted a license, e.g. mental health issues. I would have a problem if they were asked if the individual was a suitable person to be granted a license. I think that unless there is a medical reason for somebody not having a shotgun or firearm then the GPs shouldn't be involved as most of us do not know our GPs that well.

Back