Schmidt and bender

drummerboy

Hi, hope this is the right section just bought a german 8x56 schmidt, i thought i had nothing better to do than take my meopta 7x50 1" tube off and fit it, the thing is it would not fit so i went and bought a set of 30mm mounts got them today and they were massive, is the schmidt a 1" tube or slightly more?
Regards Neil​

Is it a 26mm scope ? 1" equates to 25.4mm so the two do not normally fit in the same size rings, Optilocks being one of the exceptions.

I was under the impression the schmidt came in both 25mm and 30mm tubes so would of thought you had the 30mm although may be wrong.

I don't know when they stopped importing the 26mm scopes but it was quite a few years ago.

The S&B 8x56 is a 26mm tube. They are still available new. Usually, they are a steel tube, not aluminium as the variable scopes.

I had a Hungarian 8x56 that was a 26mm tube. I bought it new maybe 12 years ago. A set of 1" rings may well damage it.

I had a Hungarian 8x56 that was a 26mm tube. I bought it new maybe 12 years ago. A set of 1" rings may well damage it.

Will damage it if you try fitting a 26mm scope in 1 inch rings other than such rings as Optilocks which are designed to take both due to the use of a plastic collar insert. You need to change the 30mm rings that you have bought for 26mm rings.

i have a German 8x56 thats with them now undergoing a service and its a steel 26mm tube, its 7 years old and has 3 years left on its ltd life time guarantee.

got a mail from them today saying my scope has now just started its full service and may be complete in 5/7 days. it has more skelp marks than a 10 year old class one trucks back end but boy is the glass good.

bob.

The fixed power Hungarian are 1" (and always have been).

I'd always understood that the fixed power German equivalents (6x42, 8x56) were 26mm, with the variables ranging from 30mm, and 34mm at the top of the range (PMII, etc.)

Hi Sinistral

The fixed power Hungarian are 1" (and always have been).

i have just picked a 6 x 42 Hungarian and it aint fitting in my 1" mounts, goes in my Burris sig.select mounts with inserts though, i was under the impression that both Hung/German were both made in 26mm

cheers

craig

Mine is 1"..... labelled S&B (Hungaria).

All the genuine S&B fixed (Classic) on the S&B website are 1"..... for the mass market in the US, maybe.

All the S&B fixed-power (H) advertised by the Sportsman are Imperial inch, and have been listed as that for years. Now if these were merely assembled elsewhere under licence, why would different tube sizes be used?

Maybe there are odd-size tube fixed 'scopes around, possibly older models. The recent and current wave is one-inch only.

Back