Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 hatsan pcp air rifle

.22 hatsan pcp air rifle

I appreciate this is not stalking related but has anyone experienced accuracy issues with Hatsan 44 10. A mate of mine asked me to check his Hatsan and after 50 shots at 20m it was throwing a 2" group off a bipod. I was touching pellets from my BSA ultra no bipod and for the life of me I can't see why it won't group inside a 5pence coin.

So has anyone out there got any views or had similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    I appreciate this is not stalking related but has anyone experienced accuracy issues with Hatsan 44 10. A mate of mine asked me to check his Hatsan and after 50 shots at 20m it was throwing a 2" group off a bipod. I was touching pellets from my BSA ultra no bipod and for the life of me I can't see why it won't group inside a 5pence coin.

So has anyone out there got any views or had similar results.
    Well if they are like the Hatstand shotguns I would tell him to bin it or use it as a hatstand, what a pile of crap

Funny that I told him to trade it in for R10 or ultra or even a rimmy.

Check the pellet size. Some are 5.55, others 5.56 and, believe it or not, it makes a huge difference to the performance in some air rifles.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

how many full power shots do you get from a filling. on my falcon i start to loose accuracy after 55 shots due to lack of power. this is a 177 so i guess it might be more pronounced with a 22

Well when we started it was at 150 and it was an inch low of what it should have been. After 20 shots I suggested we change to a full cylinder which brought group up but mad the actual group bigger and more inconsistent.

2" at 20m ??.....summat not right there!!

I'd take it back. A mate of mine had a similar experience recently with a Webley Raider, couldn't get the thing to group for love nor money....lost patience, got his money back and bought an AirArms. Spot on now.

Modern PCP's don't spew pellets around like that. (I've an S410 in .177 and a BSA Ultra in .22, so I'm not just speculating, I do know how well they can group! As do the 20 rats I nailed in 2hrs with the S410 on a heap of drier tippings a week ago.....)

ATB,

Merlin
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

A local gamekeeper I know bought one of these for tree rats and it is pellet on pellet at 25 yards. Try another pellet - then take it back?

On shot count he was told 80 per charge - but only 55 at full power.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

I can confirm the pellet size comment.
    My Air Arms was ok (but nothing special) with No2 WASP 5.6mm pellets but using Air Arms 5.5mm is a tack driver - as long as I don't let the cylinder get too low

i have sold loads of these and in general they are very good. i havent had a single one back. the only issue i had was one guy struggling to get his to group and we found in the end 5.52 air arms pellets worked the best and he was happy with them! give those a go!