Thread: Lumley Arms Accessories

Lumley Arms Accessories

We are pleased to announce that we are now the new exclusive importer for Lumley Arms in the UK and Ireland.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LUMLEY ARMS LOGO (Small).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	11784

TIKKA T3 BOLT SHROUD - high quality STEEL replacement
    We have made two versions of this part which replaces the useless plastic factory item which is prone to cracking. Like our Remington 700 DBM, our shroud is available in both 316 stainless steel (passivated) or 4140 ordnance steel (*QPQ nitrided black). The shroud is modeled after the Sako 75 unit with a twin taper design and diamond checkering engraved on the top for easy cocking/de-cocking of the firing pin.

These are high quality CNC / EDM'd parts, the 4140 is heat treated and tests to 60Rc for surface hardness (2kg test).
    One overlooked plus in replacing the plastic part is that the new steel shroud will deflect powder debris, hot gases away from your face in the event of a cartridge failure.

Contact details at the Turvey Stalking Web site.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunter - 2 (Small).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	11780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunter - 4sm.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	756.1 KB 
ID:	11781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1 (Small).JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	11782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 4 (Small).JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	11783

*QPQ (Quench-Polish-Quench) is a proprietary metal finishing process. Linky;
    Last edited by j0e_bl0ggs; 18-01-2012 at 11:08. Reason: sp

Thats good news for me! I have an M595 chambered in .223 and it has a very feint crack in the bolt shroud. I must admit it didn't crack on its own, well not without a little help from me anyway . When I bought the rifle the bolt wouldn't disassembled and I ended up getting a friend to grind the damn thing down once we finally got the thing apart which involved a large hammer and vice. The shroud rattles slightly and its really annoying. I have dribbled over the Lumley stuff in the past but I think they are in Oz so I didn't bother enquiring due to postage costs, BUT now that may not be a problem unless, like nearly all other UK importers I have dealt with, you plan to rip us Brits off of course

Can you let me know prices for bolt shrouds, and also 5 or 10 shot mags for .223 M595 please - assuming you can get hold of all Lumley stuff.

PM me if preferred, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bills View Post

Thats good news for me! I have an M595 chambered in .223 and it has a very feint crack in the bolt shroud. I must admit it didn't crack on its own, well not without a little help from me anyway . When I bought the rifle the bolt wouldn't disassembled and I ended up getting a friend to grind the damn thing down once we finally got the thing apart which involved a large hammer and vice. The shroud rattles slightly and its really annoying. I have dribbled over the Lumley stuff in the past but I think they are in Oz so I didn't bother enquiring due to postage costs, BUT now that may not be a problem unless, like nearly all other UK importers I have dealt with, you plan to rip us Brits off of course

Can you let me know prices for bolt shrouds, and also 5 or 10 shot mags for .223 M595 please - assuming you can get hold of all Lumley stuff.

PM me if preferred, thanks
    Cheers Bills,
    PM'd reply.

Not planning the usual 'guntrade' rip off. Price is still TBA but will know soon and it will be fair.
    M595 bottom metal is on the drawing board, more news when we know.
    Magazines will be AICS types so available from a number of sources, I can recommend the Alphamags from the States.
    Hope that this is of help for you.

Cheers

Thanks for the response. What is "AICS types" ?
    Also nice to hear you agree that the gun trade is a rip off in the UK! It darn well is too.

Quote Originally Posted by bills View Post
    Thanks for the response. What is "AICS types" ?
    Also nice to hear you agree that the gun trade is a rip off in the UK! It darn well is too.
    Accuracy International Chassis System, see accuracy international.

aah doh! Sorry, yes I rate the Accuracy International stuff highly. Sounds like I could finally get the few bits I need! Will be in touch soon, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    Cheers Bills,
    PM'd reply.

Not planning the usual 'guntrade' rip off. Price is still TBA but will know soon and it will be fair.
    M595 bottom metal is on the drawing board, more news when we know.
    Magazines will be AICS types so available from a number of sources, I can recommend the Alphamags from the States.
    Hope that this is of help for you.

Cheers

The 595 bottom metal sounds very promising and if it can be made to accept an un-modified AICS mag I would be very interested.
    However, this has been discussed elsewhere. It would seem that the 595 mag opening needs machining to allow clearance for the lips of the AICS mag. Has a solution been found that uses the alpha-mags instead?
    I am also interested in the bolt shroud, price dependant of course ;-)
    Rup

Quote Originally Posted by Oaken View Post
    The 595 bottom metal sounds very promising and if it can be made to accept an un-modified AICS mag I would be very interested.
    However, this has been discussed elsewhere. It would seem that the 595 mag opening needs machining to allow clearance for the lips of the AICS mag. Has a solution been found that uses the alpha-mags instead?
    I am also interested in the bolt shroud, price dependant of course ;-)
    Rup
    Waiting for the alpha mags to come, have been ordered.
    Bolt shrouds should be be approx £70 for stainless and £64 for black excluding VAT Subject to confirmation

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    Waiting for the alpha mags to come, have been ordered.
    Bolt shrouds should be be approx £70 for stainless and £64 for black excluding VAT Subject to confirmation

Cheers
    I will have a shroud for certain if the DBM actually happens.
    Is it currently being worked on or is it just an idea that might happen one day?
    If this can be made to work and at a fair price, then it will be a good seller given the quality and easy availability of the m595.

Rup