Thread: Wheel wieghts

Wheel wieghts

The type they use to balence your tire when they if it. I will collect from the following counties Dorset,wilthshire,Hants,Surrey,west Sussex and south Berkshire. I can pay current scrap lead value or make a donation to H4H if you so prefer.

I take it you've tried all the usual tyre fitting firms. Have you thought about contaching military MT sections and asking their MT fitters?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_3 View Post
    I take it you've tried all the usual tyre fitting firms. Have you thought about contaching military MT sections and asking their MT fitters?
    No I haven't thaks for the idea. I have been to see some tyre fitters but no luck yet.

simjim
    If you are wanting wheel weights for bullet casting you should be aware that most weights are made of a zinc type alloy ? and not lead and have being for quite a few years now .

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

See a roofer or a plumber as they would be able to spare a few pound of lead sheet or pipe for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    See a roofer or a plumber as they would be able to spare a few pound of lead sheet or pipe for sure.
    I have plenty of old lead weights from the fishing day just need the wheel weights to make up the alloy. Other wise I have to find a source of Linotype.

What reiver is trying to tell you is that modern wheel weights are no good for bullet casting because of the zinc alloy and will contaminate your other alloy if you add them to it. It's quite unlikely that any wheel weights that you obtain from tyre depots will be any good at all for bullet casting.

Yeah I did know about the difference in the modern weights to old ones. So to clarify I need the old style ones please if any one has them.

Go and see your local scrap merchant for lead.They will take your cash!