Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free to a good home, preferably working

Free to a good home, preferably working

There is a GWP dog up for offer, it is 20 months old, keeper bred, walks to heel etc, biddable but has a hard mouth on birds. If the bird is dead it will retrieve fine if it is alive then the GWP crocodile is activated and it shreds the bird, this is not suitable for the estate not good in front of guests It is kennelled at the moment and has never been in a house, this is the extent of my information so please do not ask me any questions because the answer to them all will be I don't know, all I can say is that it should hang on to a deer well.

If you are interested PM me and I will give you the keepers Tel number

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

How is it with other dogs mate?

I have passed on the contact details to the person who contacted me first if this does not work out I shall let other folk have the contact details.

How is it with other dogs mate?
    and the answer is

this is the extent of my information so please do not ask me any questions because the answer to them all will be I don't know
    John

Nae bother mate just thought you might of been in the company off the dog.

The dog is being picked by his new owner at the weekend, thanks for all your help,

John

Sounds like a potentially good deer dog there John, I hope it all works out for the new owner and the dog. Having lost my GWP just before Christmas I was tempted myself but I just couldn't face the long drive up at this time of the year.

You were tempted, it nearly came to live in the Highlands.

John

Brilliant jayb, glad its all worked out. its amazing how i was in northern ireland last weekend, get chatting with the owner (from scotland) i get back to england and within a few days the dog has a new home. who ever the new owner is i wish you the best of luck, and hope hes a cracking dog for you in the future. well done jayb

If the bird is dead it will retrieve fine if it is alive then the GWP crocodile is activated and it shreds the bird

Yes ah yes JayB, this can happen and creates a picture in my mind of my own. Wonderfull description. If out ourselves and with gun, being 'away' from hand so to speak I can see him stand over the pheasant wereupon temptation is to great and he succombs to a wee chew. This does not happen all the time and he is coming round to the 'suggested' idea of leave. Dead fur and feather is fine. 'GWP crocodile is activated' brilliant.
    Glad the dog got a good home.

HPR-Hunt, Point, Regurgitate
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash