Help identify this moderator please

trooper3.1

Hi all i have a .22lr moderator i have lost the end cap and need to know the maker it came with a .22lr i bought some time ago but it is better than any other .22lr mod i have used it is even bloody good on the .17 HMR.

it is 6 1/2" long, it is 1" in diam, it has an i.d of 18.2mm and consists of a number of alloy cone baffs and 1 spring, it is all alloy and there is no crimps in the body i am trying to find out who may of made it as i have as i say lost the end cap and need to try and get another one if i can.

DSCF1112.jpg

it is 1/2 UNF threaded as well

any ideas any one.

paul

I don't know much about this at all, having very little experience, but externally it does look just like the old parker hale that is on my .22 LR, and was on it when I bought it. Dimensions match too. Not sure about the innards. Mine does have makers name on it, very faint, and a bit scratched away. You have to look quite hard to spot it.

yea i thought that as well i asked the guy who deals with the parker hale mods now and he tells me it is like one they did years ago but that one was full of washers.

paul

Hi all i have a .22lr moderator i have lost the end cap and need to know the maker it came with a .22lr i bought some time ago but it is better than any other .22lr mod i have used it is even bloody good on the .17 HMR.

it is 6 1/2" long, it is 1" in diam, it has an i.d of 18.2mm and consists of a number of alloy cone baffs and 1 spring, it is all alloy and there is no crimps in the body i am trying to find out who may of made it as i have as i say lost the end cap and need to try and get another one if i can.

DSCF1112.jpg

it is 1/2 UNF threaded as well

any ideas any one.

paul
Hi Paul
I have the same mod on my anschutz but i haven't tried it on my WMR will have to give it a go.The innards are not the same as a parker hale.Haven't got a clue who makes this mod, can't see a makers name on mine either,
Geordie

It's not a Parker Hale it's a Viking Arms moderator, I had one some years ago but mine had a silver finish to match the stainless Ruger that I had at the time. Not a bad moderator but you needed to clean it regularly or the alluminium cups would stick together. I'm not exactly sure who actually manufactured this moderator but they were distributed by Viking Arms and it was marked on my ticket as such although there were no markings on the moderator itself.

hi thanks for the replies i have however found out who made them and where to get the spares, they are made for a company called Chambers and they list all the spares on the moderator page they do the springs the alloy cups and the outer bodies and a new cap is less than a £5er.

cheers paul

Chambers.

hi thanks for the replies i have however found out who made them and where to get the spares, they are made for a company called Chambers and they list all the spares on the moderator page they do the springs the alloy cups and the outer bodies and a new cap is less than a £5er.

cheers paul

T.W. Chambers were Quality gunmakers who started off in Bristol 1750. Mr Paul Chambers(a fine gentleman) moved the company to the Highlands in the 1960's. He died in 2006. T.W. Chambers now under new ownership,is based in Alness,Easter Ross. An excellent company to deal with.jc

Back