Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no mentor but more madness

no mentor but more madness

hi all, sent my fac back on 1st of month too get my mentor removed from my 270. 22/250. And to get cwd and muntjac put on my 22/250 in england, which i have for roe in scotland. mentor gone no probs, but will not put cwd/muntys on my 22/250 with out writen permission with land to shoot over. tried telling them that them 2 species would be payed stakling so could not give them named grounds.so thats a no go,but i can use my 270 on them as thats cleared for all of uk on any deer??????????? but they did say it was abit over kill for them.madness yet again.stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Quote Originally Posted by stav View Post
    hi all, sent my fac back on 1st of month too get my mentor removed from my 270. 22/250. And to get cwd and muntjac put on my 22/250 in england, which i have for roe in scotland. mentor gone no probs, but will not put cwd/muntys on my 22/250 with out writen permission with land to shoot over. tried telling them that them 2 species would be payed stakling so could not give them named grounds.so thats a no go,but i can use my 270 on them as thats cleared for all of uk on any deer??????????? but they did say it was abit over kill for them.madness yet again.stav
    If that's the case then they need to reconsider what they are saying. You are asking for a calibre that presumably would be acceptable to them to be authorised and yet they are refusing it! Start by getting it in writing from them and then you can make them realise what idiots thay are.

Nothing surprises me anymore
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

i said, so i can not use my 22/250, but i can use my 270 then. (reply)well it's abit over kill init. (me) yeah but thats why i want to use a 22/250.(reply)but not without written permission.(me)but i can use my 270 anywhere in uk legally on them???(reply) yes but abit over kill tho wunt you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!stav

Stav, silly question but have you asked for AOLQ?

The HO guidance says that once good reason to possess has been established, they shouldn't unreasonably restrict other uses.

Is the named land or stalking for your .22-250 and .270 in Scotland?

If not, where is the land for each?
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

had this with another client, they want him to get a 22250 for foxing as they say 6.5 to big for night shooting.
    so he reluctantly agreed, they rang me to see about permission, so while i agreed i said can he have roe in scotland and any legal deer in england.
    they said yes or roe but as there where no CWD or munties on my permissions would not grant those deer. He buys loads of stalking and has shot munjac.
    They just said take the 6.5 which is a wood stock sako, yet to buy the 22250 (which will be a stainless synthetic), just thought it would be better in a down pour.
    They would not budge (west yorks).
    He is appealing for just 6.5 for everything then jobs sorted.
    Its madness, they want him to have 2 rifles then limit his use of them????

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    but as there where no CWD or munties on my permissions would not grant those deer. He buys loads of stalking and has shot munjac.
    Idiots!

yes at the moment, but just got my stuff through for dsc2 and want too go further a field which i tried explaning(no one is a aw where i go)but got my fac back today and just booked on with yorkshire roe stalking on his nexted date he has which is nearly 6 weeks away.where if he had said this saturday would not be a problem either unless he had cwd then what would i do as i,d have too send my fac back again without a cat in hells chance of not been back in time. i,m self employed and can only go at the drop off a hat 9/10 useally.stav
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Is the named land or stalking for your .22-250 and .270 in Scotland?

If not, where is the land for each?

I got my FAC back today from a variation to add a 12b/.222 combination, I also have a .22 hornet.
    Both are now conditioned for vermin, ground game and fox but not specifically muntjack or chinese water deer.
    Now I have just got rid of a .223 that was conditioned for vermin, ground game, fox, muntjack and chinese water deer.
    However I now have a new condition that just states .22 calibre rifles that can fire a 50 grain bullet at over 1000 ft/lb. may be used to shoot muntjack and chinese water deer.
    Same thing I suppose just a different way of saying it.
    The icing on the cake was to get FAC opened up for all rifles

Neil.