Thread: What scope?

What scope?

I'm in the market for a new scope,
    i am just waiting for my paper work to come back with a 7 mag slot on it and can't decide what scope to go for.
    The rifle will mainly be used in scotland for red and sika, with an occasional pig shooting trip overseas
    any thoughs and advise would be great.

Regards Pete

Any of the big three makers is great...Swarovski. Schmidt & Zeiss........but for what you want, I'd say a Swarovski Z6 2.5-12x50 does it. Wind down to 2.5 for pigs & x6 or 8 for the deer.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    Any of the big three makers is great...Swarovski. Schmidt & Zeiss........but for what you want, I'd say a Swarovski Z6 2.5-12x50 does it. Wind down to 2.5 for pigs & x6 or 8 for the deer.
    Agreed.

The 2.5-15 comes with a 44 or 56 objective lens that will cover all your needs and the Z6i gives you the IR option. Alternatively, there's a Z6 2-12x50 a Z4 2.5-10x56 or the more traditional 3-12x50. There's even a 1.7-10 version

I like the 2.5-15 as it gives me a wide range of application.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

If money is no object and you want the best then it has to be Nickel:

http://www.nickel-ag.com/

Swaro are hard to beat on the full package and would certainly be more common and easier to find one to get a play with and I always feel that their field of view is a little wider than S&B which might be a factor at pigs.

I would recommend the Swarovski 2.5 - 15 x 56 Z6i with ballestic turret.

I have a 4-16 Schmidt on mine and I think its about perfect for the calibre. I find that with my 2.5-10 or my 3-12 (when I had one) that I just wanted that bit of extra magnification. I have never wanted less than 4 even on deer moves but I conceed a very fast running boar may be different. I also have a 5.5-22 Nightforce that is great but I seldom use above 16 power

Thanks for the advice chaps, i just need to find something now at the right price!!