Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BASC DSC 1 Courses

BASC DSC 1 Courses

Just a reminder to book early to avoid dissapointment. All BASC 2012 DSC 1 courses can be found at http://www.basc.org.uk/en/department...te-level-1.cfm

Many thanks, Peter

I'm looking to do a level one course shortly but I have only one problem with the training offered by the BASC, this is that I am not insured by the BASC but with SACS (Scottish Association Of Country Sports). It says on the application that I need to be BASC insured but will SACS not cover this?

For legal reasons you need to be a member of the BASC Rifle club.

There is a high demand for DSC 1 at the moment, with many of our courses now fully booked all the way up until May. Please book early to avoid dissapointment - there is a full list of courses on our website leading up to 2013.

Peter

Courses are booking up fast this year, but we still have places on DSC 1's in the following counties for 2012
    Staffordshire, Cornwall, Cambs/Northants, Norfolk, Somerset, Kent, Northumberland, Scotland, Surrey, Exeter, Dorset and Essex.

Peter

Peter can i ask what legal reason you would have to makeing all who go on BASC DSC coarse be members of BASC.

You need to be a member of the BASC Rifle club and therefore need to be a member of BASC.

Just when i sat my Lev 1 i sat it with BASC and i was not a member then. I spoke to SACS and they say that it dose not matter who you sit your lev 1 with your insurance will cover you for all. When did BASC change there sand on this.

I can't see a reason legally but it means more expense even if you have other insurance and want to go on a BASC DSC course.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Just when i sat my Lev 1 i sat it with BASC and i was not a member then. I spoke to SACS and they say that it dose not matter who you sit your lev 1 with your insurance will cover you for all. When did BASC change there sand on this.
    If it is a BASC run course you have to be a member - it has always been this way. If you take your Level 1 with someone who is using BASC's assessment centre i.e. David Stretton, John Snowdon, Jelen, Peter Pursglove etc.. then you may not need to be a member