Opinions Required

Cygnus

OK people,
what do you think ?
Are these electronic fox callers all that good or are we better off with the polystyrene block on the windscreen ?
I just wonder if carrying around the extra bits and pieces is worth it, or if we are all getting a wee bit too gadget happy.
I've been using a squeaker and polystyrene to good effect, but would it be worth delving into the world of electronics.
I know opinions are wide and varied, but as always,they are all worth listening to.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan , I like you was very sceptical but i am now a convert to the digital Foxpro , a fantastic bit
of kit which has accounted for dozens of foxes in the year i have had it.Yes on the right night
any mouth call squeaker/poly will work but it's when it gets hard that the digital comes into play.
Example ...out on Saturday night with another forum member the foxes were in full mating mode
and we managed to call a big dog fox in from 500 yards to 30 yards with a digital vole squeek:D
For more info pm Stevienicknacks AT.B U71

i found they do work. but like every other call sometimes they dont its just one of those things.

i have a mini colibri caller and have called a good number of foxes in with it. some days though no matter what call i try on it nothing...

its nice and small so fits in the pocket a treat. so ideal if your in truck or walking. i couldn't carry a window screen round with me to use the polystyrene :coat:

the foxpro callers seam to have the best write ups not as compact as the mini colibri

Last edited:
OK people,
what do you think ?
Are these electronic fox callers all that good or are we better off with the polystyrene block on the windscreen ?
I just wonder if carrying around the extra bits and pieces is worth it, or if we are all getting a wee bit too gadget happy.
I've been using a squeaker and polystyrene to good effect, but would it be worth delving into the world of electronics.
I know opinions are wide and varied, but as always,they are all worth listening to.

Cheers

Alan

The proof is in the shooting mate, have a read of this.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/33422-5-0-to-the-new-toy!

Just got a fox pro spitfire.
1st time out, got fox to come in, one field we haven't seen a fox in it for a year or more.
There are sound we never had before vole,mouse,etc,and are realisic and clear.
The fox pro is easy to use and you can get the unit away from you or your vehicle.

Making a rabbit in distress is easy enough but a fox bark which is very productive at this time of year ,it's got to be an electronic job.

Back