Thread: drinks chillers

drinks chillers

Afternoon chaps,

not sure if this has been covered before but i am in the process of purchasing an old double door drinks chiller, how have you guys that have used these for storing carcasses placed your attachments for hanging at the top of the chiller ????

I drilled the sides of my single chiller and put a 2 inch tube thru as high up as I could and still get an "S" hook over (the plumbing tends to be at the back and top or bottom), with a double chiller I would suggest that you fit external supports either hung from the top edge or perhaps wooden supports from the ground to take the ends of the pipe.
    TonyC

I had the metal tabs with mine that go in the rows of slots to rest shelves on, so i cut a piece of plywood to rest on all 4 tabs/lugs then screwed large hook screws into the underside then can put S hooks in these, got a 38Ib doe thats been in mine for a week now and ready to process.

Rob

I have made up a metal frame that stands inside of mine with a hanging rail, pretty it ain't but manages reds and sika fine.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Does anyone have the contact details for a chiller service engineer that will visit the Sth West area? I need mine servicing.

PM the number if you like.

ATB

RF

Thank you all very much for your suggestions and ideas, what i think im going to go for is an internal box section frame as i have access to all the stainless box i need. that way i can pre drill some hooks through the cross section and bolt at the top for maximum strengh !

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder View Post
    Does anyone have the contact details for a chiller service engineer that will visit the Sth West area? I need mine servicing.
    PM sent with details of a guy who will be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    I have made up a metal frame that stands inside of mine with a hanging rail, pretty it ain't but manages reds and sika fine.

John
    Exactly what I have done with mine John, a good friend of mine welded a frame for me.

This way I don't have holes through it the fridge, so if I ever sell it I will be able to sell to someone that may not necessarily want it for hanging deer in it.

Cheers

Ross

There you go Ross, coming to the good clean air up here cleared your head and got you thinking straight.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses