Shooting Ground Reclassification

Monument veiw

Hi all , Has anyone requested a piece of land to be reclassified . Let me explain ive just obtained permission to shoot over another 100 acres + , when i rang A and S to find out what cal the ground is cleared for they told me rimfires only . The usual discussion commenced by me asking the

Q WHY

A Because thats the cal deemed safe

Q As i shoot the nieghbouring farm with simular ground layout and thats cleared for 308 is there a possibilty that the ground could be re clasified

A Its unlikely but send a request in on paper and we will consider it

Q If the ground is suitable for rimfires wouldnt it be suitable for a larger cals used from high seats

Anyway , you can imagine how the conversation went on and i was just wondering if any of you guys have

been in a simular situation and been succesfull with your request of

It's probably only cleared for rimfires because that is all they were asking to inspect it for before.

Q If the ground is suitable for rimfires wouldnt it be suitable for a larger cals used from high seats

Are you serious! :eek: Please don't put ideas in their heads. Suggesting a condition like that could cause a shedload of aggro for you and anyone else in the Force area if it gets adopted.

Hi all , Has anyone requested a piece of land to be reclassified . Let me explain ive just obtained permission to shoot over another 100 acres + , when i rang A and S to find out what cal the ground is cleared for they told me rimfires only . The usual discussion commenced by me asking the Q WHY A Because thats the cal deemed safe Q As i shoot the nieghbouring farm with simular ground layout and thats cleared for 308 is there a possibilty that the ground could be re clasified A Its unlikely but send a request in on paper and we will consider it Q If the ground is suitable for rimfires wouldnt it be suitable for a larger cals used from high seats Anyway , you can imagine how the conversation went on and i was just wondering if any of you guys have been in a simular situation and been succesfull with your request of
You have clearly been dealing with the police for some time. I would have thought that you would have figured out that hidden with in all forces "Mission statement" are hidden the words "Common sence doesn't apply". Thinking about it, taht applies to the MoD too.

All i can hope is that they re visit the land / farm as im gonna make um walk miles as the bulk of the farm is on 1 site but theres big piece of it surrounded by woodland and is only accessable by tractor or on foot .

Why are you 'hoping' that they will revisit the land? If you are on a restricted certificate and you've made a written request to use X calibre on land that is only cleared up to Y, then they can either treat it as a paperwork exercise or make a physical inspection. Either way they can't just ignore your request. If they then somehow decide that the land is not suitable and you disagree, ask for the reason.

dont just ask for a reason, ask for the Chief inspector's reason. they are the ones that sign everything off.
they are presented with the evidence by the FLO or Head of Firearms dept.

if you are clear in your application giving details on any areas with soft ground, banks, likely shooting points, use of rapidly expanding ammo, detail the long and well documented historical line of .22lr ricochet characteristics as opposed to any other calibre using solid lead.

its madness that one person can shoot whatever calibre they would like on that ground with an open certificate but you are limited to .22!!

Get your fac opened you don't need any of this rubbish at the end of the day your the man with the rifle firearm the sole responsibility is with you no matter if any ground is classified .

Widows son the point of getting it reclassified is about the ground warrants the use of deer cal rifles and it enables friends etc to shoot without going through the land check s--t every time

Widows son the point of getting it reclassified is about the ground warrants the use of deer cal rifles and it enables friends etc to shoot without going through the land check s--t every time

Not if you have a open certificate you shoot where you wish that's the meaning of open , there after all you require is deer on the certificate for that class of weapon ,get your friend to get there certificates opened simple go back to the police tell them that you have many invitations to other grounds through out the country and require a open certificate allowing you to carry out deer management as and where required .

Back