Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikko Sterling Diamond 4-12x56 30mm

Nikko Sterling Diamond 4-12x56 30mm

Has anyone had any experience of these scopes? Seen one at my local gun shop ,only had a quick look through one and it seemed quite good for the money especially as it had an illuminated ret with side rehostat.Any views would be appreciated.
    Jase.

Nobody had one then?

I'll jump in if no one else is willing to express an opinion and you are keen to have some sort of response. In my personal opinion save your money and buy something better or you will only be dissapointed in the long run. A friend was tempted by the price and bought one and returned it after his first outing, enough said.

Whilst Nikko Sterling used to be well made to a budget price they're now all made in China an quality is scrappy to downright poor. The importers Highland Outdoors are not very helpful when you have an issue with your new scope. This I found out the hard way. In fact the boss man told me that all scopes with fast focus eyepieces are made so loose that the eye bell can be wobbled up and down in the body tube so the reticle dances about . Funny thing when checked an older Japanese made NS Platinum 4x40 it didn't do this, neither did the S&B or Meopta.

For the quality they are vastly over priced and your playing the lottery as to IF ............................. IF you get one that is actually put together properly. So do you feel Lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Whilst Nikko Sterling used to be well made to a budget price they're now all made in China an quality is scrappy to downright poor. The importers Highland Outdoors are not very helpful when you have an issue with your new scope. This I found out the hard way. In fact the boss man told me that all scopes with fast focus eyepieces are made so loose that the eye bell can be wobbled up and down in the body tube so the reticle dances about . Funny thing when checked an older Japanese made NS Platinum 4x40 it didn't do this, neither did the S&B or Meopta.

For the quality they are vastly over priced and your playing the lottery as to IF ............................. IF you get one that is actually put together properly. So do you feel Lucky?
    No I don't feel luky ,I never am,I think I'll pass.

KLUNK....that's the sound of it going in the bin..

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    jase don't bother mate.

seen one last night i would have it on my 22lr, but i never got it,

say a lot.

i have a 1980's nikko sterling platenum on my 17 hmr, 4/12x50 with the red front lens, black gloss etc. and the glass is cracking, but thats from the 80's

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    jase don't bother mate.

seen one last night i would have it on my 22lr, but i never got it,

say a lot.

i have a 1980's nikko sterling platenum on my 17 hmr, 4/12x50 with the red front lens, black gloss etc. and the glass is cracking, but thats from the 80's

bob.
    Cheers Bob ,I'm not going to mate,I wanted an opinion on it and I think I got one or two.

I have a Nikko Stirling on my .22 it's o.k. for that but I certainly wouldn't put a modern one on a stalking rifle. I've also owned fixed power Nikko Stirling scopes long ago when I first started shooting, they did the job at the time but I think that they were probably better made and of course my eyes were younger then.

I have an old one, late 80's, on my 22lr and it is fine, as previously mentioned they were made better then.