Thread: Do you need to have the caliber on your fac to hold bullet heads??

Do you need to have the caliber on your fac to hold bullet heads??

Help please guys,
    I
    bought a bulk load of reloading gear from one of my mates and it contained some calibers that are not on my ticket. My question is can I get in trouble for having them or are the classed as inert and just lumps of copper and lead?

David

Whats that niose that your teeth make with a sharp intake of breath, think that about answers it.
    DCG

If they're Expanding (softpoint, and some hollowpoints) you do need an authorisation to hold them.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Hi Redlab,
    as long as the lumps of copper and lead are not classed as expanding, i'm under the impression that you'll be ok. What gear do you have that you don't need by the way

So long as they are not expanding then no, you do not need bullets of a specific calibre on your licence.

p.s. 'bullet heads' annoys people.... bullets are bullets and 'heads' is the end of the case on which the calibre/maker's stamp resides.... or, if you're a member of the senior service, the toilets!

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    Help please guys,
    I
    bought a bulk load of reloading gear from one of my mates and it contained some calibers that are not on my ticket. My question is can I get in trouble for having them or are the classed as inert and just lumps of copper and lead?

David
    Is it too late to change this to one of my friends has just bought..........

It is...

If they are of the expanding type, hit them with a hammer or melt them down. If they are non-expanding then they aren't controlled, and anyone can hold them.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    So long as they are not expanding then no, you do not need bullets of a specific calibre on your licence.

p.s. 'bullet heads' annoys people.... bullets are bullets and 'heads' is the end of the case on which the calibre/maker's stamp resides.... or, if you're a member of the senior service, the toilets!
    Alex, what's your remedy for itching teeth?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

ok cheers guys heads now disposed of to relevant people!! its good to talk!