Help Putting a value to my rifle

Badger

Hi all,

Ive looked for other posts on this and couldnt see anything!
Im thinking of selling my rifle and was wondering how i might go about putting a value to it? checked on guntrader fr similar ones but couldnt see any really, and i thought when i go to the gunshop and ask they are going to be a bit on the low side, in case i turn tound and ask them to buy it!

Its a sako 75, in .243, year 2004, varmint laminated stock stainless heavy barrel, ive probably put 120 through it, and its had little use before i had it, with an ase utra mod on and a bushnell scope that i bought new.

i dont wanna put it for sale and have everybody rolling round laughing at my overinflated valuations!
thanks for your help.

For future reference put in really small print first offer creates binding contract the second posted and interest accrue at 125000% per second, accrued in half second intervals until payment cleared - that'll see you right:D

Had a client out before christmas with a Sako 75 in 308 - heavy'ish barrel - but didnt look varmint profile. laminate stock in very good nick - screwcut but no moderator with it. Believe he'd got it for £800 and was well chuffed!

So think look topside £950+ complete.

As with all things, worth what someone will pay for it - but not the most helpful response!

For future reference put in really small print first offer creates binding contract the second posted and interest accrue at 125000% per second, accrued in half second intervals until payment cleared - that'll see you right:D

Had a client out before christmas with a Sako 75 in 308 - heavy'ish barrel - but didnt look varmint profile. laminate stock in very good nick - screwcut but no moderator with it. Believe he'd got it for £800 and was well chuffed!

So think look topside £950+ complete.

As with all things, worth what someone will pay for it - but not the most helpful response!

Thanks I was thinking 1000 Ono to be honest cos it is mint, and from
There we can see where we go.
Cheers for your help

I saw a s/h 75 for sale in Tain for £900 rifle only. I think as a private sale 600-750 would seem fair and resonable.

Think £950 for complete package is fair price or rifle and mod only for £800 just bare in mind that a lot of folk are struggling these days.

Think £950 for complete package is fair price or rifle and mod only for £800 just bare in mind that a lot of folk are struggling these days.

Many thanks for the reassurance.
I know a lot of folk are struggling at the minute, unfortunately that's why she's gotta go :cry:

You bought it second hand so should know what you paid take a wee bit off and you should be on the money.

proberbly one of the most sought after 2nd hand rifles if in good condition with good barrel £700-800 scope and mod another £150 on top imho

Hi all,

Ive looked for other posts on this and couldnt see anything!
Im thinking of selling my rifle and was wondering how i might go about putting a value to it? checked on guntrader fr similar ones but couldnt see any really, and i thought when i go to the gunshop and ask they are going to be a bit on the low side, in case i turn tound and ask them to buy it!

Its a sako 75, in .243, year 2004, varmint laminated stock stainless heavy barrel, ive probably put 120 through it, and its had little use before i had it, with an ase utra mod on and a bushnell scope that i bought new.

i dont wanna put it for sale and have everybody rolling round laughing at my overinflated valuations!
thanks for your help.

what bushnell scope as it got on it

Personally if buying a package second hand unless it is one of the better scopes with a 30 year or lifetime guarantee I disregard the scope and consider it as a bonus if it turns out to be a good un. My reason for doing this is that it has been my experience that some people will try to offload a defective scope in auctions or at the dealers. I am not suggesting that this is the case here only explaining my reasoning when considering how much I would pay. The better quality scopes obviously allways add value to any deal so another reason for paying more and buying quality in the first place.
A Sako 75 in good condition having shot so little ammo should be quite a desireable purchase.

proberbly one of the most sought after 2nd hand rifles if in good condition with good barrel £700-800 scope and mod another £150 on top imho
oh its in good condition. hopefully if i ca work my camera, laptop and this site all in the right way she'll be on the classifieds very shortly. GULP.

Back