Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sika with Sikamalc

Sika with Sikamalc

a big thanks to Sikamalc and Robin for putting on a great outing down in deepest Dorset last weekend.
    After a good nights sleep, it was meet in the carpark with the temp in minus figures and a good layer of frost forming, there was myself Baker lads and his friend Paul, we all piled into Malcs ute (just) and off we jolly well went.
    We pulled up at the ground with the moon out and the sun still well below the horizon, Baker lads had been dropped off at another part of the ground to make his way to a high seat, and Malc and Paul headed off over the moonlit frost covered ground. the plan was for Robin and I to walk back along the road and wait for 20 mins or so until there was enough light to start off into the woods.
    After just 100 yrds we stopped and Robin pointed out an old tree stump in the marsh, a tree stump that suddenly seemed to have a head and be eating! no chance of a shot from that position, so we carefully back tracked and using torches managed to cross over a fence and through a small wood to get into an adjacent field, a short stalk into position had the sticks up and rifle levelled on target, I must admit the deer looked pretty small through my 6x42 scope, but by now the dawn was starting to break and the light was improved to the point that I was happy to take the shot. crack! "its down" from Robin and that was it! total elapsed time from getting out of the ute...20 mins ! and a lot of that was getting into position!
    the next half hour or so was taken up by getting to the beast, gralloching and getting it back to firm ground. I must admit breaking the ice to wash hands was a new stalking experience as was dragging 90lb of dead weight through a bog the rest of the morning was totally relaxing with no pressure having bagged a fair few dinners first thing as always the company was great and well worth the drive, I can whole heartedly recommend Malcoms services
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0003 [1024x768].JPG   PICT0005 [1024x768].JPG  
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Well done, Malc told me you had a good weekend.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Nice one Kenny, i heard you and Les were down on my doorstep..

Congrats and hopefully catch up with you next time

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Hi Kenny,

Glad you got your first Sika, and a good size hind as well. It has been tough going this year on the hinds and everyone seems to be having a similar problem "Deer just not showing" spoke to Paul Taylor whilst I was down that way and he also having similar probelems reaching his cull.

The 3 other lads off this site arrived on Monday and the total for 5 outings was 3 young staggies, 1 hind and 1 Roe doe. All be it shot by one lucky man, but a good bunch of lads who have already booked for next year. Hard stalking, but the highlight for Pete was about 50 to 60 Sika running past his hight seat without a shot being taken.

Never mind there is always next time.

Nice to hear Pete witnessed the Serengeti at its best..

Good result fella's
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Glad you enjoyed the outing Kenny, I wish a few more of the stalks were that easy.

Bloody hell Robin you look like Baden Powell in that hat. Its about time it went in the bin and the other half bought you another one, A DIFFERENT ONE

Well done Kenny have you stopped smiling yet ?
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Now look here Malc, that hat has been with me, man and boy for many, many years
    and at least it keeps out the rain, unlike a certain someones I know.
    As you well you know, we pensioners have to save up for treats like hats and gloves,
    Or are you offering to buy me a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Now look here Malc, that hat has been with me, man and boy for many, many years
    and at least it keeps out the rain, unlike a certain someones I know.
    As you well you know, we pensioners have to save up for treats like hats and gloves,
    Or are you offering to buy me a new one
    Many years!! and it shows