Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: butler creek

butler creek

hi all anybody used butler creek flip up covers on the swarvoski z6 scope did thay fit ok over the rubber ring on the ocular lens. iv got the 1.5-10x42 what size would i want for this scope. any advice please.

Hi, I have a Z6i in 2.5-15x56 and got flip up covers from Bushwear's shop in Perth and they are spot on, they had the correct sizes written down for all scope makes.
    Hope this helps.
    Martin

BUTLER CRAP

Do you not think it's about time these high end scope manufacturers started making quality flip up lense covers to cover their expensive lenses like the Leupold illumina range. Instead we have to put up with fitting crappy cheap looking (not cheap to buy) plastic covers that break so easily.
    Come on Zeiss, Swaro and S&B, top quality scopes, give us some top quality covers.

Tony
    Last edited by Crow Man; 21-01-2012 at 20:25.

Crow Man is right, they are always breaking or falling off we need something similar but more rugged and better quality.

I have them on all of my scopes and the ones I bought years ago are spot on. The more recent object lens ones I have bought have been terrible in that some pop open in a strong breeze. I have gone to the shop and tried several different ones and some are better than others so my advice is try before you buy.

I was sick of the B/C pop opening all the time so i got myself an accucover and they are really well made well worth the extra money to protect your scope,i heard they where bringing out one for the objective end soon ,cant waitwww.accucover.com

i agree with crow man, butler crap, mine broke on a weeks stalking in scotland, absolute waste of money.
    tony

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Man View Post
    BUTLER CRAP

Do you not think it's about time these high end scope manufacturers started making quality flip up lense covers to cover their expensive lenses like the Leupold illumina range. Instead we have to put up with fitting crappy cheap looking (not cheap to buy) plastic covers that break so easily.
    Come on Zeiss, Swaro and S&B, top quality scopes, give us some top quality covers.

Tony
    +1. Broke two lots lost another. All objective kept flipping up so stopped wasting me money now.

I have a green push button accucover on my S&B PM II it worked great until the little button fell off! When open the cover can lay flat along the scope instead of sticking up like on a Butler Creek meaning it doesnt snag on anything as easily. I have emailed the info address on their website without reply, I liked it so much I was going to put them on all 5 of my rifles at a total cost of nearly 100 but if they don't answer a simple email to ask if I can get a replacement button (it seems to click into place) I think I'll give it a miss.

Rick.
    Last edited by night stalker; 25-01-2012 at 22:17.

I've got a little red lever type off a Butler Crap if that's any use to you.

Tony