Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheap 222

cheap 222

hey there,right decided to sell my old 222,since i bought the kiploff it just does not get used,it is a sako vixen threaded for mod with a simmons variable scope with original sako optilock mounts,this rifle is one of the first models produced i would put an age of app 35 to forty years old,and yes it is on the same barrel,i had another rifle in at precission rifles,and i asked callum to have a look at it and if he was interested in it,but obviously he has plenty old rifles about so here we are,he looked at the barrell and was pleasently surprised with its condition,and had commented that it was in fairly good condition,but does obviously have wear and some pitting,i have had the rifle for quite some time,and personaly have found it shall shoot inch groups at 100 meteres all day,i did find that it prefers the smaller faster bullets.

if it gets a bit of interest i shall put a picture in,nice and cheap 300

hi not trying to teach you to suck eggs but might be better if you posted pictures to generate some interest
    in this fine foxxing caliber

35 to 40 years old (1972-1977). Would that be an L461 or an S491?, it should say on the action.
    It should be an L461 if the ageing is correct.
    The first three digits of the serial number would also help to determine its age.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    can i just say something on this.(AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS RIFLE)

i had the chance of one of these and said no, 3 weeks after i said no, a lad at the club purchased it and i said to him.

i was going to get this but the barrel was pitted and it was a tad scruffy. he said well i had it cleaned a few times and it shoots like this,

he handed me a card with a c/shoot 3" stick on target that had a 1/2" 10 shot group hole, he also cleaned the stock of with nitromors and truoiled it got it screw cut and it has a T4 on it,

to say i was a tad miffed would be a lie, i was well pi55ed off.

1 year later i got my 20 tac so i was somewhat happy then.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Good luck with the sale mate i was in the market for a treble but of work since xmas has dented the funds so they need building again.

Pictures please!

Would you rfd- rfd this?

cheers to you all am away to get pics....

exactly jack!!

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    35 to 40 years old (1972-1977). Would that be an L461 or an S491?, it should say on the action.
    It should be an L461 if the ageing is correct.
    The first three digits of the serial number would also help to determine its age.
    yip exactie mon its an L461 right pics,i have put some white tack on the palm so there is a little swell!!also the silver bit bellow the scope is where the old metal sights were the gun smith has told me if i rub it with steel wool then some blueing cream it would cover up fine,but i have been a lazy bugger and here it is?Attachment 11881Attachment 11882Attachment 11883ohh and the scope be a simmons aetec?? the can i would let go also,but would need an extra 50 for the package together,but i aint to bothered about selling the can.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Nice old tool. and a steel for some one.

nothing there that cant be sorted,

what can is it and what thread, if its up to 308 and 1/2" unf let me have first dibs please.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

exactly that its a ase 30 cal 1/2 unf,coke can.......size