Thread: Among the deer

Among the deer

any one on here know anything about this book???it is on ebay just now item number: 180797639363

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Yes. It's really a memoir of stalking, rather than a "how to..." deer stalking manual, but none the worse for that. There's plenty of stories about the author's experiences in the Highlands as well as Southern England. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

aye if its by duff hart davis its a good read it mentioned a lot of places where i have stalked some years ago it brought back a lot of happy memories so for me it was good

BWH i had this book as a present . I really enjoyed it .

Chill

Got it for Xmas and it is superb, as willie_gunn says it is what it says on the tin "A stalker looks back" and has some wonderful stories of the places he has been and the experiences he has had - very evocative and superbly described scenes and a thoroughly good read - took me about 3 days to get through it as I couldn't put it down

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG white hunter View Post
    any one on here know anything about this book???it is on ebay just now item number: 180797639363
    My apologies - I read the title of your post without bothering to look up the item on eBay. You're right, the item is NOT the Duff Hart Davis book, but rather a rare edition of Henry Hope Crealock's book of the same title.

It looks interesting but I'd not buy a book like that, certainly at the price it will likely sell for, without seeing it first. The seller doesn't appear to be a book dealer and there are a number of questions I'd have regarding how it is described (year of publication, condition, etc.). Provenance and condition will be everything for a book like this. The way the pages are currently mounted would be a particular concern.

Hopefully someone else on the site can shed more light on what looks to be a very interesting book.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    My apologies - I read the title of your post without bothering to look up the item on eBay. You're right, the item is NOT the Duff Hart Davis book, but rather a rare edition of Henry Hope Crealock's book of the same title.

willie_gunn
    DOH! Me too! Sorry!

777.77 the book sold for,,out of my reach.