Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shooting test Calibre

shooting test Calibre

Hi All,

On the dsc1 shooting test do all rifle's have to be .243 and above or could you use one thats big enough for muntjac and cwd? everyone's thoughts would be most welcome

.243 is the smallest rifle you can use for dsc1. Because dsc1 covers all six species of deer in the uk, you have to a rifle that covers all six. If your doing the highland shooting test you need 100gr bullets aswell. Good luck with dsc1 it's well worth the time an money!

Thanks for that, i am counting down the days till march, and revising up every night with the Jelen online training programme, what an excellent product really easy to use and builds confidence every time i go online

Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    Hi All, On the dsc1 shooting test do all rifle's have to be .243 and above or could you use one thats big enough for muntjac and cwd? everyone's thoughts would be most welcome
    Dean. I suggest you consult your course provider or DMQ.

http://www.dmq.org.uk/faqdsc1.htm#dsc16

Good luck. JCS

I've just completed my DSC1 this weekend and used my 22/250 for the shooting test which is legal for munty and cwd in england and wales and of course roe in scotland. No probs at all, it just says "deer legal" not "all deer legal" but as said above just check with your course provider. shaun

Just goes to show speak to your course provider, when I did mine it was .243 but that was with the BDS

Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    Hi All,

On the dsc1 shooting test do all rifle's have to be .243 and above or could you use one thats big enough for muntjac and cwd? everyone's thoughts would be most welcome
    thats the best question ive heard for ages Dean , if not why not , deer legal is deer legal

I used .222 with no issues raised over it limited legal deer use.

.22 centre fire that is deer legal is acceptable as it is after, a deer legal calibre as stated above.

so i could use my 223 for shooting test? will have to try and get hold of mike at calton moor today and find out tried a few times but get no reply? or might even ring the NGO