Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from deepest Dorset

Hello from deepest Dorset

Hello all

Please be gentle with me.
    I am new to centrefire / stalking having just got my grant for .243 (accompanied for now with a sponsor).
    I sometimes come across cocky - sorry, not intentional -, but I am truly willing to soak up info like a sponge.

My main shooting day to day is general vermin across local paddocks, farms and a golf course that I have permissions on, but I am very serious about learning to both use a .243 sensibly and accurately and the ins and outs, and of course law, relating to stalking.

Thanks for putting up with the silly questions which will no doubt be coming.
    Likewise, I am not sure if it is fround upon having just joined, but I am looking for a tough, accurate, used .243 and moderator so will posting a wanted message in the classifieds. If that is inappropriate so soon after joining then please let me know and I will remove the post.

So, hello, hope to get to know a few of you better over time. You'll find me annoying people with silly questions on a couple of the other usual forums too.

All the best
    Tom

LOL!
    Went to post the "Wanted" ad and can see that I must wait a while.
    Please accept a new shooter and help me learn!

Tom

Welcome to the site, already you are learning patience

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Welcome to the site, already you are learning patience

John
    Thanks for the welcome John.

Yes, learning patience (through gritted teeth!).

Just for anyone else reading... I am taking things seriously, but dreadfully impulsive! Full member of BASC and on the hunt for a little more ground in the DT11 post code general area.

(Sounds a bit like I am completing a dating website entry)

Cheers all

Hi Tom, welcome to the site. I'm DT9/DT10. Good luck with rifle hunt. You will undoubtedly see someting here in classified before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by JVR.243 View Post
    Hi Tom, welcome to the site. I'm DT9/DT10. Good luck with rifle hunt. You will undoubtedly see someting here in classified before too long.
    Thanks for the "hello"!
    Been scanning the classifieds already! Much more on there that is "suitable" compared to the other common forums.
    ...not asking to shoot your permission, but if you ever fancy some company to watch and learn (and ask stupid questions) then I would love to tag quietly and carry your gear for you. In return, you'd be welcome to join me general vermin shooting with .22 / hmr etc on my patches.
    As I say, you don't know me from Adam (I am sure Adam is a nice chap), so I am not asking to shoot with you, but to walk with you while you shoot / stalk in order to learn some tips.
    PM me if that sounds a possibility, if I am pushing my luck I do understand! :-)

Hello and welcome from the North

JR

Hi Tom....Big welcome to the best hunting/shooting website there is....I've had loads of great help off the chaps on here. You will have a great time..

I've not been here for too long, but have loved every minute of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    Hi Tom....Big welcome to the best hunting/shooting website there is....I've had loads of great help off the chaps on here. You will have a great time..

I've not been here for too long, but have loved every minute of it..
    Cheers Norrie
    Good to see you over here. Can't wait to get up to Scotland this year!

Hi Tom

Welcome to the site