Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loss of Ground - Standing with FAC

Loss of Ground - Standing with FAC

Hi All

Looks like i have lost my shooting ground, wasn't for deer although i have deer on my ticket and do stalk.

Question is what are my options to keep my Cert, obviously find some more shooting rights -easier said than done.

What are the options?

I used to shoot lots of rabbits and some Fox on this permmission, it had deer but not to be shot but still got deer on my licence, most of my stalking was paid days.

PS. before anyone asks permission was not lost for any reason but change of ownership.

Cheers

Steve

Hold off with any decisions at the moment and get contacting any and all land owners in the area to get another permission. Ask the former owner for references and keep trying.

Steve
    Put down "recreational stalking on private estates" on your FAC that should solve your problem.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Steve
    Put down "recreational stalking on private estates" on your FAC that should solve your problem.
    Alan
    Quite agree, assuming you have evidence of paid stalks provide those along with bookings for the future, if not get some booked,and keep trying locally,a referance from your previous land owner is a excellent idea, best of luck mate. Hornet

Hi there steve, sorry to here that, you could join a syndicate and that way you have land to go on any time, It might be easier than getting permission of your own.

Sad but to have all your eggs in one basket is foolish were abouts in the country are you. It will help if you have the DMQ type cert,s You can always join one of the many syndicates that are out there.

When is your renewal?

Stay off your FEO's radar until you have an alternative

Dont have DSC1 will have to look at this.

Steve
    Last edited by WARDY1; 23-01-2012 at 20:40.

SD Regular
    As others have said. You are under no obligation to notify the FEO of your loss of land - certificates last for five years - but you will need to show 'due cause' at renewal - and the constabularies appear to use access to land as one reasonable cause. Paid deer stalking is a good reason for your deer calibre. I'd keep a shooting log of every time you shoot and any receipts and you'll be fine. On DSCL1, there's one at Holkham Hall at the end of March, if that's of any interest.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    As others have said. You are under no obligation to notify the FEO of your loss of land - certificates last for five years - but you will need to show 'due cause' at renewal - and the constabularies appear to use access to land as one reasonable cause. Paid deer stalking is a good reason for your deer calibre. I'd keep a shooting log of every time you shoot and any receipts and you'll be fine. On DSCL1, there's one at Holkham Hall at the end of March, if that's of any interest.

E t R
    Hi,

sorry to nit pick but i think your incorrect advising him against alerting the feo about his change of circumstances. If you have been awarded a certificate for a said piece of land and that land only but no longer hold authority to shoot on it then you could hold it without justification..
    i stand to be corrected but sure some will correct either of us..

shame to loose land when the owner sells, you should have asked him to get the new land owner to promise you a continuation on the land for at least the first year till you develop a friendship with them
    f,