New Swarovski Ballistic Turret unveiled at SHOT show

JabaliHunter

--------------------------------------------------------------

swarovskilogo.jpg

SWAROVSKI OPTIK INTRODUCES CUSTOM BALLISTIC TURRET
Cranston, Rhode Island – SWAROVSKI OPTIK NORTH AMERICA, a subsidiary of the Austrian-based company, announces the Custom Ballistic Turret for all of their BT scopes.

The Custom Ballistic Turret (BT) allows the hunter to have a pre-determined zero and set of down range distances engraved on the turret. Once set up, you simply turn the turret to the appropriate down range distance, so you can hold the crosshair precisely where you want the bullet to hit. To get back to your zero setting, simply turn the turret back where it will automatically stop at your pre-set zero setting. The shooter will still have to accurately determine distance to the target (as with a laser range finder), and account for wind when necessary.

Tom Hogan, of SWAROVSKI OPTIK NORTH AMERICA says, “The SWAROVSKI OPTIK BT Turret system has become extremely popular and is now offered on the Z6(i), Z5 and Z3 series rifle scopes. The addition of the optional Custom BT with 50 yard increment settings, has now upgraded the versatility of the BT system to allow a hunter to make long range shots with greater precision and confidence."

In order to obtain the Custom Ballistic Turret, you can order one by calling SWAROVSKI OPTIK’S Customer Service Department at 800-426-3089 and supplying them with all cartridge/load data.

I'm meeting with Swarovski MD Peter Antoniou on Wednesday next week to chat through the new bits and bobs and try to arrange a date for an open day at the range in early summer. Rifles will be provided by Open Season and will have all the necessary glass on top with binoculars, spotting scopes, rangefinders etc on show as well. The exact format hasn't been decided yet but when I have more details I'll let people know. Whilst I'm with him, I'll bring this up although I don't really see that much advantage over the standard BT over the ranges we shoot at in this country, all mine are set for 100 yard zero then 200,300 and 350 - maybe useful for the gravel bellies.

HME

Welcome to Corinium Rifle Range

HME, I completely agree, I thought they would have done some thing with the windage turret as well, they profess to listening to the new interest in long range shooting, but don't seem to have done anything about it, I also think they could have sorted the issue of getting a 'butler creek' type cap to fit.
It would seem that the only 'decent' options for a dual purpose stalking/target shooting scope (excluding nightforce shocking glass at the price) is the S+B Pm2 or the Zeiss Diavari's, they surely must be missing out on market share here, unless they dont want it.

Great! While you are there, please ask him to make me a 4-12x42 with illuminated reticle and ballistic turret capability :)

HME, I completely agree, I thought they would have done some thing with the windage turret as well, they profess to listening to the new interest in long range shooting, but don't seem to have done anything about it, I also think they could have sorted the issue of getting a 'butler creek' type cap to fit.
It would seem that the only 'decent' options for a dual purpose stalking/target shooting scope (excluding nightforce shocking glass at the price) is the S+B Pm2 or the Zeiss Diavari's, they surely must be missing out on market share here, unless they dont want it.

Floyd
When I was at the factory in Austria last year they asked if there were any improvements that could be made (not that they were suddenly going to change things on my say so) and interestingly I mentioned three things, scope covers, self dimming reticle and a better adjustment ring for the magnification for wet weather. Their answer was, they had looked at flip up covers a lot but there is some legal thing to do with Leupold (patent?), self dimming reticle they liked but scratched their heads until I reminded them that Zeiss do one but most interestingly the new Z6i has a more heavily knurled magnification ring as on the Z4i - so perhaps these guys do listen. I knew something was in the offing as when I went down to their underground range they had to check that there was nothing on there I shouldn't see, then in December I was told about the new Z6i!
Swarovski as a company are not interested in scopes that may be used for military purposes, as a nation of peace lovers it goes against their beliefs and values, the sports optic part of the brand is tiny (€ 600 million) in comparison to the crystal business which runs into billions so your surmise of not wanting it is actually spot on.

HME

Back