Thread: strathclyde region firearms section

Question strathclyde region firearms section

just wondering if any of you fellow shooters out there have permission to shoot feral pig/wild boar on thier ticket. i had inquired about this before at the time of my renewal (2 or 3 years ago) but was told at the time that there was no valid reason to require this to be listed on my ticket, but i was wondering if the situation had now changed considering the amount of articles that now appear in most of todays shooting magazines, and if it would now be a valid consideration to be included on my ticket along with deerstalking, vermin and fox control.

remy17

I've got deer, fox, and AOLQ on my .308. As far as I am concerned that includes boar.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by remy17 View Post
    just wondering if any of you fellow shooters out there have permission to shoot feral pig/wild boar on thier ticket. i had inquired about this before at the time of my renewal (2 or 3 years ago) but was told at the time that there was no valid reason to require this to be listed on my ticket, but i was wondering if the situation had now changed considering the amount of articles that now appear in most of todays shooting magazines, and if it would now be a valid consideration to be included on my ticket along with deerstalking, vermin and fox control.

remy17
    You couold ask but Strathclyde don't seem to give permission for an unrecognised species or escaped farm animals.

However, and more appropriate might be: the "humane killing of animals" and the "in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife" clauses.

i have it on my ticket put it on just in case got an invite to do wild boar and want to make sure i don't get hassle if i have one in the back of my ford cortina