Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: remember to spot your dogs

Thumbs up remember to spot your dogs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16706942

Don't forget to spot your deer dog's guy's and check them also weekly as I do.

Regard's.

Mark.

News to me... what are ticks, do they sting, are they native to UK, are they like wasps? 40 years of hunting and stalking and i am surprised no-one on here know of them!!! Oh my God.

My dogs are groomed daily and checked for ticks at the same time. I use Front Line to prevent ticks which is applied every three months.

Mulac

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    News to me... what are ticks, do they sting, are they native to UK, are they like wasps? 40 years of hunting and stalking and i am surprised no-one on here know of them!!! Oh my God.
    I'm told they spread Limey's disease (or something like that) and gave rise to the nickname of the inferior part of the United Kingdom of Scotland and all her dominions, under King James the vi, as was.

I have Googled "Ticks" and it says they are blood sucking parasites that cause nausea and tiredness.... I then Googled "women" and it came up with the same description.

I have Googled "Ticks" and it says they are blood sucking parasites that cause nausea and tiredness.... I then Googled "women" and it came up with the same description.
    You're a bad man!

The difference is ticks drop off after about 4 days when finished feeding,women keep going until the victim hits them with something called a decree absolute at this time they let go.If there is no decree absolute available, then I am afraid they only release on the death of the host.

Some days this site makes me chuckle so much!!

Have a read gents they really are nasty little buggers and can leave you paralysed,blind all sorts the woman who runs the charity was left in a wheel chair by lymes disease I saw the at the cla game fair a few years ago not nice at all http://www.bada-uk.org/

Quote Originally Posted by dave 67 View Post
    The difference is ticks drop off after about 4 days when finished feeding,women keep going until the victim hits them with something called a decree absolute at this time they let go.If there is no decree absolute available, then I am afraid they only release on the death of the host.
    or you use the same gizmo I use ('The Trix Tick Lasso') and follow the instructions:

1. Press down the loop and put it over the tick, as close to the skin as possible.
    2. Let go of the button and tilt the tick remover perpendicularly against the skin.
    3. Keep the green tip against the skin and twist it 360 degrees between your fingers.
    4. Lift away.

Works on all bloodsucking parasites...

Knots