poachers mentality

cockerdog

The parasites on the back of humanity have been in the area again.
Last friday in the early hours the owner of a property half a mile from our village witnessed the subaru boys coursing a roe with a car, yes a car not a lurcher. Apparently they chased it round a winter stubble field for half a dozen times before running it over and cutting its throat.
It was then left dumped in a hedge where a mate of mine found it the next day and moved it for the local Police to inspect.
I cant get to grips with why these ****s would go this low and find it amusing. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Did the police do anything?

For the fact they didn't take the carcass makes even harder to believe.

Sad fact is they're probably sqeamish about blood :evil:

Sorry can't use the words to describe them on here

Christ that not poachers they wouldn't leave any thing behind that's kids haveing a laugh. Just think your selves luckie they do it in the fecking streets here and chase each other up and down the paths and when they catch who they want they draw a blade down there face.

PS and they laugh.

I know what you mean, i live in a town called kirkintilloch, and there has ben a gang going round all the golf courses with woodland near them )bishopbriggs,milngavie & kirkintilloch) chasing the deer with lurchers. The disgusting thing is they arent even tking the carcasses. some of the carcasses were found to hve been clubbed to death. some were left hanging from trees.
Theres absolutely no respect for the animals whatsoever.
Which brings me to my next question. If this gang use the dogs on a farmers land to chase down the deer can the farmer or land owner shoot the dog?

francomac81 said:
Which brings me to my next question. If this gang use the dogs on a farmers land to chase down the deer can the farmer or land owner shoot the dog?

No - an offence would be committed as the dogs are not chasing or worrying STOCK. Game and deer are not given the same protection by the courts. :(

Rgds Ian

Poachers

Hiya

We have the same thing in Notts too.

I hesitate to call them poachers though, they are just nasty stupid people.

I used to take my dogs for a walk around a private forest estate with Roe and Fallow and would sometimes get a glimpse of them - my dogs are well enough trained to stay when I tell them so there was no danger to the deer.

But over a month they lost no end to "poachers" with dogs, and by no means were all the injured deer taken away, many were left to suffer with horendous wounds before being found by the keepers and destroyed.

Now the estate has blocked anybody from entering their grounds and have regular patrols to enforce this, so everybody loses out on getting close to these lovely creatures - but you can understand why the estate won't take any chances now.

Its difficult to criticise the police with these incidents, because their priority has obviously got to be people rather than animals, hence response times not always super quick - and there isn't a lot an individual can do either, because I really do think that these "poachers" would think nothing of seriously injuring people too - or worse.

Its a shame there aren't enough funds for the police to dedicate patrols to cover rural areas more fully.

Daemo

:(

Does anyone know what the legal position is with dogs and deer. I understand that if a dog is in with stock it can be dealt with in the appropriate manner. Is it the same with deer.

Howa

Howa

NO - the protection offered by law to stock worried by dogs, is not extended to wild deer or game.

An enclosed herd would be a different matter of course!

Rgds Ian

It's quite a difficult area,

I'd stay well clear of "shooting dogs worrying stock"

Even if you are legally right it wont stop the dog owner bringing a civil case against you for criminal damage.

Involve the police as much as possible.

I nearly ended up in a lot of trouble a while back, I didn't break the law but the **** hit the fan and I ended up being the 1 in deep doo, the dog in question had killed 4 sheep and was still chasing.

I was going about me work and the farm manager tel. me to say there was a dog chasing sheep and they couldn't catch it.

I went straight there , I had a 12bore and a 243 with me .
The dog was approx 100 yrds away , I thought about trying to get closer with a shotgun and heavy loads but the farmers had been chasing it already and it was still having a go at the sheep.
I decided to shoot it with the rifle[big mistake]. the dogs was killed instantly. {sspca were later involved and did a pm, although they obviously hated me , they did state that there was no cruelty in my part]

The owner of the dog wasn't even aware it was gone when the police went round later.
They took a civil action against me and Grampian police tried to revoke my FAC as "dogs" were not listed on my cert.
Thanks to my employer backing me to the hilt and ended up nearly bankrupting the dog owners with legal fees.
My FAC was saved and is now duly ammended.

be warned, this was in a rural area , god nows how you'd fair with this one down south

Thanks for that bambislayer. Are you saying that you now have dog on your licence. Whilst I am aware that it is a tricky area I also understand that it has a significant deterrent effect. Are we saying that if you are going to do it you need to use a shotgun.

I don't have my fac to hand , but roughly the wording on my cert. says "to protect livestock, crops and property" and does not specify species other than deer control, so basically as long as it's legal I can shoot it. ie vermin , boar cats or dogs. Rather than the old deer and vermin

Some of the southern FAC holders have a condition which states " the shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans"
I'd rather not ask to have my FAC varied to the same - who knows how it would come back?! :eek: :rolleyes:

Tikka 7mm said:
What part of the Uk are you ? We have been having probelms in North/East Yorks with similar.

YIS
Tikka
Tikka/bobt unfortunatly it would that we are probabaly sharing the same low lifes, I am in North Yorkshire and close to the A1 which brings most of the trouble down from the north east.

DL said:
Some of the southern FAC holders have a condition which states " the shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans"
I'd rather not ask to have my FAC varied to the same - who knows how it would come back?! :eek: :rolleyes:
Yep, mine's got similar to that on it. Not had to use it yet thankfully. Humans endangering other humans would be a good variation on some occasions i think! :lol:

A mate and i were out rough shooting today. I called in to see a farmer en route and was told to look out for a blue Izuzu Trooper thats been trawling the area.
I spoke to another farmer recently about not seeing so many deer around, may now have found the answer. :mad: :mad: :mad:
basil.

A long time ago a late friend had a problem with an individual using a dog to take hares on his land. One day he accosted the man and the dog was nearby with evidence of its activities. He asked him "Is that your dog?" Back came the reply "No. It's nothing to do with me." He asked him again "Is that your dog?" Again the reply "No. It's nothing to de with me." At which point he loaded his shot gun and shot it dead.

So there may be an ability to shoot FERAL DOGS that are on land attacking deer. I would ask BASC for advice.

I'll be quite honest , I hope anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to shoot a dog , feral or not , it's a last resort! what would make more sense is for the police to effectively combat rural crime

enfield that would have certainly been a crime and committed by the farmer.But because its a story it dont mater :lol: Kike bambislayer i am for the DOG. The crime was committed by the man.

Back