Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightest reflex mod?

Lightest reflex mod?

What is the lightest reflex (over barrel) mod on the market that will cover a 243 and how much will it extend length approx. I have a T4 at the moment which I believe weighs 580gr Thanks

I here that the sonic 45 is very light I do have some one bringing one to our rifle shoot this Sunday to test it so will have a good look at it and see how it performs against all the others on the day.

Have a look at this review http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index...howtopic=11559 the DM80 is made calibre specific to make to exit hole as small as possible.It weighs 450 grms.

A-Tec Maxim is as light as it gets. Made from alloy with stainless steel baffles for longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    A-Tec Maxim is as light as it gets. Made from alloy with stainless steel baffles for longevity.
    +1.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Over barrel mods might be shorter than muzzle mounted but the design mostly means heavier weight.
    Muzzle mounted mods are more efficient. (less material for a given volume)
    Another thing, never believe "light", rather ask what it actually weighs in grams or ounces.
    I use a 308 Delta mod that weighs 190 grams and is 7" long. Shoot one deer after the other... no problem.
    edi

http://www.rifle-cases.co.uk/Moderat...=A-Tec-Maxim-4
    There's the full spec for the Maxim.
    I see it is heavier than the one you quote but as it comes back over the barrel the balance makes it feel lighter.

third eye over barrel mod is verry light and slim ,or the a-tec maxim fitted both my votes on the third eye i think its a better build quality ,but both verry good

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    If you sold the rifle you could just about afford one