Thread: Hello from the middle of the Irish Sea

Post Hello from the middle of the Irish Sea

Based in the Isle of Man (no, NOT the island off Portsmouth ).
    Starting shooting 2009 after an afternoon on clays.
    Only other shooting, playing paintball regularly a few years ago - electronic triggers, the way forward for PCP air rifles!

Shoot with Cottontail Killer, who's tech knowledge has helped me often.
    Last edited by JAYB; 27-01-2012 at 14:47.

Not sure if that was an intro or a cheap advertising attempt but just to be safe I edited out all of links etc, welcome to the site, I think

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

The links were all to Free Open Source Software; trying to spread the word, not make money!

Well if you think you did not get a warm welcome then here is one................... Welcome. You are lucky to live in a fantastic island some great fishing but shame you are lacking on the deer front I am sure it will not be to long before a Muntjac gets a ticket on the steam packet. good luck on the site lots of help on here if you need or wont it
    Regards
    Carl

OK you were not advertising, just struck me as a funny way of saying hello an introduction is supposed to be just that so we can find out about you and your shooting it is not the place for links to free software, especially non shooting related software. Sorry if I upset you.

John

Quote Originally Posted by StalkMann View Post
    The links were all to Free Open Source Software; trying to spread the word, not make money!
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

i have a question, are there any foxes on the IOM? i have been there many many times but never laid eyes on a fox, living or dead, all i saw were lots of polecats or ferrets squashed on the tarmac, thankfully i never had any incidents with wildlife on my visits as they dont work out too well with a high powered motorcycle at full tilt,

No Deer or Fox; there were some fox brought in illegally on fishing boat(s) a decade or so ago and soon shot.
    We do have feral Goat and Wallaby though & Wallaby is meant to be good eating.
    Getting a .223 for long range crow/rabbit control here, and hopefully to use in England for Muntjac/Chinese Water Deer.