Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: split Muck boots

split Muck boots

A pair of Muck Boots Avon bought in April last year have developed small splits where the upper creases by the big toe joint as you walk.
    The seal between the sole and top is coming away on one of them as well.
    These cost me 50 and they have lasted less than a year.
    They have had regular use, but not every day.

Absolute rubbish.

Two years and probably 600 days wear from mine. Maybe you got a duff pair. Mine have been in every chemical and muck combination you could concoct on the farm and are still watertight. I would certainly replace my ( rather stinky) boots with the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by longlowdog View Post
    . I would certainly replace my ( rather stinky) boots with the same again.
    +1

I am on my 3rd pair in 8 years

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    A pair of Muck Boots Avon bought in April last year have developed small splits where the upper creases by the big toe joint as you walk.
    The seal between the sole and top is coming away on one of them as well.
    These cost me 50 and they have lasted less than a year.
    They have had regular use, but not every day.

Absolute rubbish.
    I've heard of similar stories regarding these,always had le chameau boots and never had any problems had the same pair for 8 years and still going strong worn basically every day 2 or 3 or days a week beating picking up plus shooting etc etc so been through the wars that's for sure

I have two pairs of muck boots, the most worn are the low "Ribble" model, soles like old fashionad plimsoles.
    They have been very good, kept all the water and muck out, my feet warm and don't pick up wet clay, so far 3 years in.
    The others are the high cammo ones with the vibram soles, so far look like new (almost) and two years old, warm and waterproof, mainly used for fishing and working around the lakes.

Neil.

Sorry to hijack but has anyone tried the dunlop purofort plus non safety,the best wellington boot by far shop around they can be had for less than 45 squids!!!!!!!

http://www.gkwear.co.uk/product_deta...D=49&catID=163

Whatever you choose in wellies, don't let them lie in direct sunlight, say in the car or porch, this will definately increase your chances of cracking ect.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Ive had 'Tay' muckboots since June 2010 and have worn them every day since (shooting & walking the dog) and have been really pleased with them. I even bought pairs for Her and my Son. Return them to where you bought them and have them replaced under guarantee.

The wellies were kept out of the sun when not in use.

Is there a viable repair which you can make with wellies?
    Goop was suggested on the Muck Boot web site but that is American.

Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    Sorry to hijack but has anyone tried the dunlop purofort plus non safety,the best wellington boot by far shop around they can be had for less than 45 squids!!!!!!!

http://www.gkwear.co.uk/product_deta...D=49&catID=163
    x2 exellent those dunlops. Muck boot i had the same problems as the other fella.