Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loadall-over the road!

Loadall-over the road!

Had our shoot day ruined today by a farmer who first decided to go too fast down a hill and tip a load of **** into the road. He went home and got his Loadall to clear it up and promptly capsized into the **** narrowlymissing a house with the boom and blocking the road for a hour and a half.

Anyone got any comment or simmilar happened on a shoot day?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loadall-over.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	12071

i know of someone who tipped a loader up going round a corner too quickly. door was open, no seat belt was worn, he was lucky that only his ankle was trapped under the foot step. wrecked his ankle and now gives him lots of jip...

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    i know of someone who tipped a loader up going round a corner too quickly. door was open, no seat belt was worn, he was lucky that only his ankle was trapped under the foot step. wrecked his ankle and now gives him lots of jip...
    I bet the JIP suffered from his ankle is nearly as bad as the JIP given to him from his friends

I have had one slip into a ditch, (off a very muddy track) the trouble is with four wheel steer the arse end pulls you into it.
    BUT on a road you should be in 2ws, especially with that bloody great bank by a house.
    I think he was very lucky, not to mention the occupants.

When I was on building sites not to long ago, people are quite surprised as how easy they actually tip over. Telescopic more so boom outreach on the angle easy to tip.
    Least as it looks never hit the house.

Typical farmer , why do they travel with the boom in the air ? who in thier right mind would try and drag it back onto its wheels with the boom still fully extended and a bunch of pissed off shooters in the way

First time ive seen 1 tip side ways ,seen quite a few tipping forward due to driver error either over extending with to heavy a load or driving/turning with to heavy a load.The people in the house were lucky on this 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Monument veiw View Post
    Typical farmer , why do they travel with the boom in the air ? who in thier right mind would try and drag it back onto its wheels with the boom still fully extended and a bunch of pissed off shooters in the way
    well hows he going to get the boom back in he can't run the engine at that angle
    a barony original

well hows he going to get the boom back in he can't run the engine at that angle
    Exactly, I should think he was trying to pull the muck back or reach off the road.
    If the boom was out on that road I don't think he would have got too far.

Poor Sod it wasn't his day was it