z6 2.5x15x56 BT A4 for foxing?

marshall

Hi there,

Looking for advice on the z6 2.5x15x56 for foxing, will mostly be used with a lamp, would this scope be a good choice?
Will be going ont a sako 85 223.

Regards marshall

Its the exact same scope I had on my .243 and theres a few foxes wish I didn't :D
Its great to zoom in and confirm the eyes in the beam belong to a fox not a roe or muntjac. The Z6 is now on top of the .308 and I'm saving for a Z4i for the .243
I feel the ( i ) will be the icing on the cake but not absolutely necessary.

I have both a Z6 and a Z6i, and I genuinely dont think theres a better scope about, and I have owned a few and tried most of the others.

It has a great range of mag from2.5 to 15 for short range/long range/low light etc, and the glass is the best I have looked through so far.

+1 = excellent scope - do you need the BT? The crosshairs can be a little fine sometimes under the lamp, but I realise this is when I am probably stretching the bounds of the lamp and it's the not time to shoot...!!

I have one on my Sauer .308 - it's a great stalking scope, and works equally well on foxes either in daylight, or after dark with an add-on NV unit. If you're ever likely to use NV on it, go for the Z6, not the Z6i, as the latter's construction prevents an add-on from fitting. I'm not qualified to speak about lamping though.

I have a Z6i 2.5-15x56BT on my 22-250, imho it the best glass out there!
If in doubt, got to your local shop and do the 'pepsi challenge', look through all the scopes you want and setting them up the same, doing this on a dull cloudy day.
Let your eyes do the buying.....

Does anyone have this scope with the rail mount system, is the rail mount good?
The scope that im going too buy is rail mounted, not sure if it would be better to go for one with normal mounts,

regards marshall

Would the rail mount allow you to move the scope forwards without affecting accuracy ? could be useful if adding a NV adaptor

Back