Thread: Night vision tube scar

Night vision tube scar

I'm gutted just spotted a bunny out the front window with my nv spotter, so took my .17hmr rifle with pvs14 on the back out to knock it over for fox bait, only to find out that it wouldn't turn on. Suddenly had that feeling of dred, as i only changed the battery a few nights back, turns out i've left it on overnight since about 3am when i had a quick scan out the window for a fox. Its scarred the tube with the retical now, i'm seroiusly pi##ed off with myself because the tube was flawless. Anyway won't be doing that in a rush again, anyone know how much a new gen 3 spotless tube costs?

Atb Matt

Quote Originally Posted by 09mutley05 View Post
    I'm gutted just spotted a bunny out the front window with my nv spotter, so took my .17hmr rifle with pvs14 on the back out to knock it over for fox bait, only to find out that it wouldn't turn on. Suddenly had that feeling of dred, as i only changed the battery a few nights back, turns out i've left it on overnight since about 3am when i had a quick scan out the window for a fox. Its scarred the tube with the retical now, i'm seroiusly pi##ed off with myself because the tube was flawless. Anyway won't be doing that in a rush again, anyone know how much a new gen 3 spotless tube costs?

Atb Matt
    Oh no....Feel sick for you mate. Nightmare.

You will get one off usa ebay about 900 or somewhere around that figure

The trouble is no one will send it into this country, cant even get a rubber eye cap off of ebay for a pvs 14
    Atb Matt

Try leaving on for 24hrs in a dark place so no light can get to it this sometimes clears tube burn,it did on my Gen 3.Atb Ed