Thread: A lovely morning

A lovely morning

I was out before it got light this morning and looking forward to a shot as the sky blued i supped at a cup of tea and toaked on a ciggy waiting for a couple of hundred yrds of visability . Slowly the light improved as the sun woke up and i am on my way accross the first field heading towards a wood which centers a small valley and normally holds Roe and Muntie , each step taken on the frosty ground was like walking on malteasers . I followed the stock fencing edging the wood and well below the ridgeline to my right Onward and forward as a pheasant made me jump out of my skin as it flights its roost which in turn made me the attraction of a couple of horses on the top of the bank ( F--k it ) i thought to myself as i waited for the horses to loose interest in me and carry on grazing on their frozen breakfast . It couldnt have been much more than another 30yrds before i spotted a pair of Does at around 150yrds at the end of the wood with no back stop behind them just a hedgerow . Change of plan in that i decided to cut through the wood onto the other bank to see if i could get a safe shot ,creeping slowly down the wooded bank towards the swolen stream at the bottom i spooked a hare and several squirels and then a nice roe buck in velvet which ran straight for the two does i had spotted just before ,which in turn bolted in the same direction as the buck .
    Oh well thats the end of that then so i crossed the stream and made my way up onto the top of the other bank and out into the sunlight, stopping for a ciggy i sat on my heals and rested my back against the gate post into the next field when a hare came out of the hedgerow oblivious to me being there and hopped out into the sun followed by another (a male) .
    During the time it took me to smoke my ciggy the male followed the female round and round and travelled hundreds of yards trying to get his leg over.
    In fact it reminded me of when i was young , endless energy when it came to a good looking women
    Even though my quarry escaped me this morning i enjoyed the walk , wildlife and sunshine
    AS for the hare i hope he shot his load because the next time we meet he might end up full of shot

nice write up
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

Nice one, it's not all about putting something in the bag is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Munty Hunter View Post
    Nice one, it's not all about putting something in the bag is it.
    If it were i would have packed it in years ago and took up shoplifting

Just been out on a nice morning and been surrounded by wildlife makes you feel good, alot of people miss this by staying in bed till late.

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS WORLEY View Post
    Just been out on a nice morning and been surrounded by wildlife makes you feel good, alot of people miss this by staying in bed till late.
    Yes like me........who didn't set his alarm properly this morning and woke up at 9............so much for my big plans of a morning stalk. Never mind the forest is only 10 min drive away, maybe later tonight as the light goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monument veiw View Post
    In fact it reminded me of when i was young , endless energy when it came to a good looking women
    Nice write up and i bet you where delighted with it regardless of taking home a deer.
    i bet thats a good memory you have and is slightly distorted with the years

thanks f,