Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'nother one bites the dust

'nother one bites the dust

Out for a strole tonight, took the foxpro, put it on for 5 mins, this fella came running in to about 40yds
    Attachment 12080

Good job - I love it when a plan comes together!

Im moving to Kent, far more foxes and deer there!!!!!!Well done mate.

Well done,what call were you using.

Well done mate, good one to take out

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    Well done,what call were you using.
    Bramble,this time of year (and on this fox in particular) the fox calls as opposed to rabbit, hare, rat, mouse etc seems to work a little better, on this one i used the "dog fox territory call"
    When i got the caller a few weeks back the mouse and vole squeaks were calling them in, a couple of weeks ago i was out with "Phil" and we were changing between the fox call and the rabbit one after the other and had four looking at us in the same field at the same time, but definatly at the minute, the fox calls are working well as for foxes it's "whoopy time"
    I'm still experimenting with what calls work, but for sure, you need to change the calls you use according to the time of year ( available prey and where the foxes are in their breeding cycle) and the environment you are using it in, that is the beauty of the foxpro, where ever you are you will have a call that'll work I.E you may be on a chicken farm, on a pheasant shoot, watching over lambs at lambing time, or on a newly mowed hay field in which case the i recon the mouse sqquaker will be awsome?
    At the minute i'm searching for a "fawn in distress" call to use later in the year, as long as an audio file is MP3 or WAV, the unit will take and play it.

Tikkat3

Quote Originally Posted by TikkaT3 View Post
    Bramble,this time of year (and on this fox in particular) the fox calls as opposed to rabbit, hare, rat, mouse etc seems to work a little better, on this one i used the "dog fox territory call"
    When i got the caller a few weeks back the mouse and vole squeaks were calling them in, a couple of weeks ago i was out with "Phil" and we were changing between the fox call and the rabbit one after the other and had four looking at us in the same field at the same time, but definatly at the minute, the fox calls are working well as for foxes it's "whoopy time"
    I'm still experimenting with what calls work, but for sure, you need to change the calls you use according to the time of year ( available prey and where the foxes are in their breeding cycle) and the environment you are using it in, that is the beauty of the foxpro, where ever you are you will have a call that'll work I.E you may be on a chicken farm, on a pheasant shoot, watching over lambs at lambing time, or on a newly mowed hay field in which case the i recon the mouse sqquaker will be awsome?
    At the minute i'm searching for a "fawn in distress" call to use later in the year, as long as an audio file is MP3 or WAV, the unit will take and play it.

Tikkat3
    Hi mate, you should have a good 10 or so lamb or simialr calls on the list of the Fury. They are calls that served me well in last years lambing season. If for soem reason they arent on there give me a shout adn ill send them to you. Think a good one is called Antelope fawn distress or similar, very close to UK lamb but there are others on there too.

Thanks Tikka, i have just bought a Spitfire from Steveinicknacks,am trying to get as much info as possible so that is much appreiciated,excellent service and advice from Steve,cheers