A new permission

I was granted a new permission / 200 acres earlier in the week so decided to walk the boundarys and have a look to see what might be about . I could hear the report of the odd shotgun as i got out of the motor but assumed it was coming from a nieghbouring farm , after spotting a good sized row a couple of fields away i carried on towards the woods at the bottom of the field ( at this point i must add that when i first reccy a piece of ground i always take a set of sticks and an old scope , generally resting the scope on the sticks to simulate a shot ) as i scanned the woodland against the boundary . I caught something move amongst the dense bramble below a well established tree, after studying the area a little longer i realised that it was a person knelt down and wearing cammy clothing the thought POACHER imediately sprung to mind followed by HERE WE GO THEN, rather than walk straight towards the unknown person i took a coarse heading for a point about 20m away and to the other side of the bramble . Once i got close enough to the bramble / tree i turned at a right angle and said ,Q what you doing then , Answer , roost shooting , my reply, you wont shoot many fu--king pigeons hiding in there ,why didnt you show yourself when you seen me your fu--ing lucky not to have been shot , come out here ,his Reply, ok ok just coming , Q who said you can shoot here , R , such n such , my reply he dosnt own or farm this ground your on the wrong side of the fence , his reply sorry sorry i didnt realise , my reply well you do now how many you shot , his reply just these two , my reply take your vale and hat off i wanna see your face , his reply ok ,at this point we had a short and brief discussion and he told me that he was part of a shotgun cyndicate who shot the nieghbouring ground and disciribed one of the other members which i new so i read him his rights and told him he might as well finish the day of where he was but next time stay on such and suchs ground and show yourself if you see some1 else with or without a gun , his reply thanks mate thanks mate , my reply no worries but dont let me catch you on here again . Lets hope he takes notice of the warning given and enjoyed the remainder of the day . Ps most of us at some point have poked a pigeon or pheasant as it flighted over somebody elses ground , it dosnt make it right but it does make it more fun.

MV Good on you to many would have went off half cocked and got the lad in trouble anyway what was the ground like many deer on it.

MV Good on you to many would have went off half cocked and got the lad in trouble anyway what was the ground like many deer on it.
The ground seems ok i counted 6 roe but only walked 1/2 the boundary as i was mainly looking for traffic / deer motorways and to establish the backstops and the safest way to shoot each field .

And why would that be TROUBLE, i was just trying to express that being somewhere that you shouldnt be and then continueing to hide isnt a wise move

And why would that be TROUBLE, i was just trying to express that being somewhere that you shouldnt be and then continueing to hide isnt a wise move
Luck doesn't come into it. All that should have happened is your shot may have been stopped, your responsiblity for the safe shot. Not a defence to say he was unlucky or shouldn't have been there. But at least you seemed to part on good terms.

Back