Rifle cabinet problem

varmint223

Guy's ,

I went to open the locking ammo safe in my Brattonsound gun cabinet tonight and it looks as though the lock has somehow moved/slipped and i can't open it !! anyone had this problem before ...........think it might still be under warranty but not sure how long it would take for them to send someone out to repair.........or should i just bust it open.....any thoughts on this lads

If you hold the outside of the lock bezel with something while turning the key it should open OK.
Inside is a nut that has probably come loose, so you may need to turn the bezel before it opens.
Setting it in the right place again is the work of a couple of minutes.
Good luck.

Neil. :)

I also own a Brattonsound but no lockable top (seperate ammo safe), each lock is fixed by 4 nuts.

I'm puzzled here you say the lock has shifted in what way ?

and if so is it still unlocking with the said key but not opening ?

If so perhaps a good knock when opening with the key would suffice, the tumbler may be sticking a little. !!

Rgds Buck.

Ps. sorry lad I see now the lock as Hornet 6 says the barrel will rotate as the nut on the back

may be slack.

Last edited:
Ps. sorry lad I see now the lock as Hornet 6 says the barrel will rotate as the nut on the back

may be slack.

It's one of those tubular keys with the cutouts round the outside, like you see on vending machines.
Not very secure at all, most will open with a plastic tube tapped into the lock and then turned.

Neil. :)

ive seen on a couple of shooting sites people have had problems with the locks on brattonsound cabinets.
seams to be a common problem on some of them. I had two pistol safes from brattomsound and one of the locks on that needed replacing due to duff lock.

yet my djs gun safe hasnt had one single problem

Yeh Jay ,

I have heard of a few people with lock problems on the Brattonsound safes.........hopefully they will send someone out to fix it

time to grab the still petrol cut off saw - thats what i had to do when the batteries finally went dead on my digital safe - i ignored the battery low light for a few months to be fair.

I know someone who had problems with a bratton cabinet, like others have said the bolts have probably worked loose over constant use.
Good luck getting into it though, you may find the still saw is a good option for you too.

View attachment 12162if its the small lock like this, (similar one) the locking nut on the inside can come loose allowing the lock to spin around, you just have to take your time and find the correct point when it all lines up. open it and then sort it out. fixed a few over the years and then i used thread lock to stop it happening again.

regards

bob.

Hi Bob ,
Have tried everything but can't get slot to line up correctly , they are about 3-4mm apart and nothing i can do will budge them back in to line

bob i have tried to get the slot to line up but they just won't budge.......i'll keep trying

if i could get up there id have it done in no time nmate,

see if you can turn the centre bit and then open the door.

failing that give them a call and they should send someone out FOC,

bob.

Hello Tommy,
Had a look at the paperwork for my Brattonsound. The Warranty is extended beyond the 1st year for a further 2 years for "all key operated locks and other mechanical parts"
The telephone number listed is 020 8254 6812. From reading the blurb is looks like the "on site" warranty is only for the 1 st year.
Good luck anyway.

Bob

Hello Tommy,
Had a look at the paperwork for my Brattonsound. The Warranty is extended beyond the 1st year for a further 2 years for "all key operated locks and other mechanical parts"
The telephone number listed is 020 8254 6812. From reading the blurb is looks like the "on site" warranty is only for the 1 st year.
Good luck anyway.

Bob

Thanks Bob ,

Called them today and although I managed to burst the lock open they are sending out a new lock with fittings.........thanks for the number ..........at least i can get my ammo out now to try out new rifle.....lol

Thanks to all who offered advice on this..........now i will try and solve my other problem of what size thread protector i need!!!:D

Regards
Tommy

time to grab the still petrol cut off saw - thats what i had to do when the batteries finally went dead on my digital safe - i ignored the battery low light for a few months to be fair.

I know someone who had problems with a bratton cabinet, like others have said the bolts have probably worked loose over constant use.
Good luck getting into it though, you may find the still saw is a good option for you too.

didnt your digital safe have a key with it also encase the battery system went dead

Back