Thread: Geezuz the cricket,what happened fellas?

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available

Geezuz the cricket,what happened fellas?

England have a seriously good young spinner and he can bat a bit too. He's called Danny Briggs and is currently playing for England Lions but IMO deserves a place in the Test squad.atb Tim

We`re not as good as we think we are..............
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

IMO Pakistan have taken a leaf from the Australian selection book In as much as there Is no such thing as automatic selection, you do not become a cricketing legend until you have retired and your record speaks for Itself, a hungry fighter fights hardest...lots of little nuggets of wisdom which the english hierarchy seem to Ignore...in light of recent events ...Bob Woolmer dying under strange circumstances, match fixing being Investigated and proved...PCB have shaken up the system for the good of the game...I am not suggesting that we follow a similar route, though would suggest a shake up and remove some dead wood....And not just on the field

Just a very bad day at the office. Maybe getting complacent. Maybe they just bottled it. Whatever it was I am sure they will bounce back.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    England have a seriously good young spinner and he can bat a bit too. He's called Danny Briggs and is currently playing for England Lions but IMO deserves a place in the Test squad.atb Tim
    I agree that we have to feed In youngsters and we have to be merciless in selection...Many would say that at 20 he would be too young, but look at the ages of the Pakistan team...If you are good enough you are old enough...Its how the player deals with the step up to test level...Good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by sparko View Post
    I agree that we have to feed In youngsters and we have to be merciless in selection...Many would say that at 20 he would be too young, but look at the ages of the Pakistan team...If you are good enough you are old enough...Its how the player deals with the step up to test level...Good luck to him
    If Danny was qualified for India or Pakistan he would be in their squad!

[QUOTE=timbrayford;316875]If Danny was qualified for India or Pakistan he would be in their squad![/QUOTE

Should he look back far enough i`m sure he could come up with a tenuous connection to a far distant relative....Or maybe hampshire have some trade agreement with Pakistan...He could Kolpak!