Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BDS Press Release, "Gypsy Blood"

BDS Press Release, "Gypsy Blood"

British Deer Society condemns filming of callous acts to deer

The British Deer Society roundly condemns Channel 4ís decision to permit the broadcasting of callous acts to deer as witnessed in its recent programme Gypsy Blood on Thursday 19th January.

Of particular concern was the filming of the illegal and inhumane killing of a wild Chinese Water Deer with offences committed under the Deer Act (England and Wales) 1991, Regulatory Reform Order (Deer) 2007, Animal Welfare Act 2006, Hunting Act 2004, and Game Meat Legislation 2006.
    The Society has written to Channel 4 expressing revulsion at the filming of an illegal activity which caused pain and distress to a deer in the jaws of a dog, and then showed the animalís subsequent inhumane despatch. A complaint is being lodged with Ofcom concerning the programmeís content. The Society is also formally requesting the police to investigate an illegal act, and writing to Honda sponsors of the programme suggesting they consider their association with such a programme.

Wildlife crime is deplorable at any time, and is something which the British Deer Society has for a number of years campaigned against. The film footage only served to highlight some of the ways in which such activities are carried out, the cruelty involved and the total disregard for the welfare of wildlife.

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Have they taken this on independantly or is this due to complaints from Site members?

TJ

(I still can't watch it, computer says "No"!)
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

The release was supplied to me by a site member, so I have no idea as to what prompted them.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

I made phone and told them to view and as a member they should look into it. I did same with basc and complained direct to ch4. I'd imagine I wasn't the only one. If it was due to me and others then I would imagine we will get some sort or reply back direct from BDS.

Good work, I hopw they hang the scum!!

Dave

I didn't see the programme but I am disappointed that if Ch4 witnessed the events as reported that they didn't contact the police and assist as prosecution witnesses. Making TV programmes should not be exempt from upholding the law.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I didn't see the programme but I am disappointed that if Ch4 witnessed the events as reported that they didn't contact the police and assist as prosecution witnesses. Making TV programmes should not be exempt from upholding the law.
    Yes that is true, but I remember the BBC made a documentary where one of their reporters joined a group of Taliban to report what they were up to in Afghanistan. The footage showed them trying to blow up UK and American patrol trucks. I think that they take the view that they are independent/not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by kieran222 View Post
    Yes that is true, but I remember the BBC made a documentary where one of their reporters joined a group of Taliban to report what they were up to in Afghanistan. The footage showed them trying to blow up UK and American patrol trucks. I think that they take the view that they are independent/not involved.
    Typical lefties then...

police wont do f^ck all, pikey=do what you like.....
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..