Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Praise where it due

Praise where it due

I just have to praise Wiltshire firearms department and my FEO Peter. spoken to him about a variation I wanted to put in. Dropped it in to the police by hand on Friday , had a phone call from him last night! And it's being put in the post Monday. Fantastic service.
    308 Blaser being picked up late next week.

Fairplay to wiltshire FD they seem to be at the top of their game at the moment , lets hope A and S can learn from their example

Its not fantastic....it's him doing his job. That he is being paid for. Properly. Just because most of the others fail, doesn't make this one praiseworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by gerarddwatts View Post
    Its not fantastic....it's him doing his job. That he is being paid for. Properly. Just because most of the others fail, doesn't make this one praiseworthy.
    I think it is. He has done everything he can to help me with this variation as the reason for owning was a bit strange and advised me how to sort it out. He had originally said that he would meet me at my convenience to sort it out. He is doing his job but he is also doing his job very well. I used to deal with Gloucestershire and can appreciate how good they are being after seeing and hearing of the problems others have getting things sorted quickly. also a next business day turn around on a variation is pretty dam good.

That`s uncalled for.
    We`re quick enough to beat them with a big stick when it suits us so a little praise now and then goes a long way.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

An uncharitable post. It isn't my County, but it is a shining beacon which other FLD's might follow. Good customer service rarely gets a mention, but we hear no end of moans on SD.

Please don't forget that all admin. parts of the licensing function work in different units.Every Variation needs an FEO clearance & write-up, a clerk to kickstart the printer, a reprinted FAC to be signed/stamped by the FLM or deputy, and the vital document to be despatched and sent out by 2nd Class prepaid so you can hurtle round to the RFD with it in your hand. The OP is right to point out that this is a good achievement in any timescale where several humans are in the food chain.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Peter is my FEO as well, I've always found him to be approachable, understanding and efficient. Wiltshire Police have processed applications for my whilst I've waited. I deal with local authorities, HMRC, Department of Transport etc on a very regular basis, and none of them can match that level of service.

Quite. He's doing his job. Properly. That is it. I'm sure he's a great guy.

John
    Indeed, credit where it's due. Peter is my FEO for the range but my personal ticket is Glos which causes some fun! Got yourself a proper rifle then? Let me guess, a R8, pro synthetic with Northstar mod with a Zeiss classic 2.5-10 x 50 atop per chance?

Best

HME.

Peter is superb. I am so pleased I have to deal with him rather than some of the others I have heard of. The Wiltshire dept is at the top of their game and should be praised for doing it well.