hi guys thought you might like to have a look at this one i just finished
400718114.jpg

400718116.jpg

400718112.jpg

400718108.jpg

400718118.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Niko

Very Nice indeed, a good strong design there and looks like a free hand full flat with a micro bevel? Did you grind that yourself? I have to say if you did the mirror finish looks lovely, always a bugger to get them perfect! What steel is it0 01 Carbon? Loike that sheath aswell as it has a rustic look to it. Do you make alot of knoves and are you on any of the forums? ie BB or UKBs?

ATB

Pete

Hi Niko

Very Nice indeed, a good strong design there and looks like a free hand full flat with a micro bevel? Did you grind that yourself? I have to say if you did the mirror finish looks lovely, always a bugger to get them perfect! What steel is it0 01 Carbon? Loike that sheath aswell as it has a rustic look to it. Do you make alot of knoves and are you on any of the forums? ie BB or UKBs?

ATB

Pete
thank you mate
yep full flat with bevel in o1,i do the whole lot start to finish myself
mirror finishing to a pain alright but its great for helping the blade stay clean
and i make the sheaths ,this one has a loveless cam inside so the knife clicks into place and will not fall out
i wont answer the other bits as i dont want to be accused of trying to advertise on here.
cheers nik

very nice, how long does it take to make one like that.
ive never worked it out in total hours (i guess i should do really)but it was made over 2/3 week period ,i was very careful over the scales,measure /remeasure ad infinitum as there kenyan black-wood which is no longer freely available
the thing is knowing when to stop ,i am always pushing to try to reach perfection so this is hard thing for me to do

Back