Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaving...Alternatives sought

Shaving...Alternatives sought

Not really deer related, though one has to look ones best should that be possibe!...But why are razor blades so bloody expensive?...I almost bought some gillette Mach 3 blades yesterday 9.50 for 8...Sod that, Its beard time ....Almost

I find supermarket own-brand twin-bladed ones perfectly adequate, and very much cheaper.

Get a beard.

Adds warmth on those early morning winter stalks.
    Saves on razors.
    No more shaving rash.
    No sharp two day old stubble.
    Most importantly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the ladies love the way it tickles their thighs

I've had one for years now, would never go back.

Mark. How is your stalking knife??
    If you can trim your arm hairs your problems could be over!!
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Mark. How is your stalking knife??
    If you can trim your arm hairs your problems could be over!!
    My knife is keen enough, but my wife would never forgive me

An alternative to shaving ?....................................a beard ?

By a open Razor, I've used them since I started shaving good soap not shaving foam or gel, Soap and Brush.

To get started buy a kit strop the ish .

Buy some balloons soap them up and shave them, if you burst one you've cut yourself there's around two hundred cuts on a face, its not like a Gillette where it up and down do that, with a open razor you'll need the hospital .

It's the best shave you'll get .

Oh before I go, Ive got a beard I can grow a beard in little over a week, I hate shaving but on the occasion I do shave its a open razor .

Sparko
    Get yourself to the Gentlemans shop in Hungerford, buy yourself a proper safety razor and some blades, some soap and a decent brush - goodbye razor burn, irritation and over priced plastic crap! I use a 1963 Gillette safety razor with feather blades - 10 blades last 2 1/2 months (2.50). I also have several open razors but struggle to keep them sharp enough.

HME

Quote Originally Posted by HME View Post
    Sparko
    Get yourself to the Gentlemans shop in Hungerford, buy yourself a proper safety razor and some blades, some soap and a decent brush - goodbye razor burn, irritation and over priced plastic crap! I use a 1963 Gillette safety razor with feather blades - 10 blades last 2 1/2 months (2.50). I also have several open razors but struggle to keep them sharp enough. Buy a good diamond hone and then plenty time on a good strop with plenty of strop paste, if there good steel it will come up in seconds

HME
    You can buy a open razor which takes safety razor blades a lot of the barbars use them for neck shaves