Browning A bolt

kevin01041961

Hi thinking of buying the A bolt by browning in 243 give me your thoughts good bad or are they the best thing at the price?:lol:

Cracking rifles Kev ,I've had two both in .243 the only reason I sold them was financial,both were the A bolt composite stalker with duratouch stocks and both shot under an inch with 100g factory ammo,you have best of both worlds with the mag system and a short 60degree bolt lift,I'm sure Soother223 will be along shortly as he bought my last one and if I hadn't just bought a Sako 75 Finnlight I would probably bought another.
Jase.

yes kev, Jase is right! really impresed with mine! my mate bought a remmy in243 an its really nice shoots well! but he doesn't stop going on about how nice the stock is on the a bolt and also how ballanced it is! also as Jase mentioned the bolt design is a great idea! doesnt go anywhere near the scope an feeds perfect everytime! trigger a little heavy but doesn't stop me hitting golf ball size targets at 200yds! home loads of course. for the money you just cant go wrong...
if my bluetooth dongle wern't broke i'd send you a pic of what mine did at 07.30hrs this morning! lol... first 243 for me a lovely cal..
p.s hope you an your family are well Jase.

yes kev, Jase is right! really impresed with mine! my mate bought a remmy in243 an its really nice shoots well! but he doesn't stop going on about how nice the stock is on the a bolt and also how ballanced it is! also as Jase mentioned the bolt design is a great idea! doesnt go anywhere near the scope an feeds perfect everytime! trigger a little heavy but doesn't stop me hitting golf ball size targets at 200yds! home loads of course. for the money you just cant go wrong...
if my bluetooth dongle wern't broke i'd send you a pic of what mine did at 07.30hrs this morning! lol... first 243 for me a lovely cal..
p.s hope you an your family are well Jase.

Yes thanks for that mate,we're all doing well,I hope you and your family are all well and I'm glad the Browning's still doing the buisness for you:thumb:.
Jase.

+1 on the browning I have two and cannot fault them .223 and .243 synthetic and are really accurate, for the price, a good all round piece of kit

got the A bolt medallion .243, it is great, balanced and i have had the trigger lightened a touch. again an inch with factory loads 100gr and i am looking forward to starting reloading soon...

atb

got the A bolt medallion .243, it is great, balanced and i have had the trigger lightened a touch. again an inch with factory loads 100gr and i am looking forward to starting reloading soon...

atb

I've also got an A-Bolt Medallion and find the trigger too heavy - how did you change yours Toka?

local gunsmith, changed the spring and polished all the parts. he said there wasnt much else he could do but it is fine for me and only a tenner!!

atb

Back