Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .17 hmr trouble again

.17 hmr trouble again

I have just had a pm from LEEJ today he has just had what sounds like another squib round.
    I had this happen to me only a few weeks ago.This is bad news for this great calibre gun.
    The ammo manufacters should get this sorted. With mine they have replaced the gun .mod and ammo.
    They accepted full responsiblity for the faulty rounds.

Leej.s gun sounds like mine a complete rightoff.

No doubt some readers will blame him as they did me.
    we will see whos fault it is by who pays for his new gun.

good luck Lee

Hi Brian, I don't have a 17 HMR but it seems this is much to common. I have heard of this several times, were they Remmington rounds?

Poor ammo is why I got rid of my hmr.

Quote Originally Posted by Munty Hunter View Post
    Hi Brian, I don't have a 17 HMR but it seems this is much to common. I have heard of this several times, were they Remmington rounds?
    I think it was winchester.But i think they are all loaded by CCI.I am waiting for my vairiation to come back to collect my new gun from the THE GUN ROOM John has been agreat help and i send all my work his way now.I Just got to get him deer stalking now.

forgive my ignorance but what is a squib round it sounds nasty if it can damage a gun beyond repair. makes me think twice about getting one

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    well this must be the 20th time i have heard of this, i had it happen a few years back, but touch wood never had it since,

and at the the price my mate paid for 1,000 rounds yesterday the distributors need to do something. he paid 270, for 1.000 hornady yesterday at greenfields Salisbury, and they had the Gaul to say get some more soon as the price is going up again on the first of feb

i don't think the 17 will be in many cabinets if this continues.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    forgive my ignorance but what is a squib round it sounds nasty if it can damage a gun beyond repair. makes me think twice about getting one
    this when the powder that should send the head down range to the target is missing so the squib is the primer that sets that off is all you have,

very bad for you and the rifle, if you don't notice it you send the next round down the barrel to find the last bullet head is just a few inches up the barrel when the next one you have fired meets it.

BOOM

not nice

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Bloody hell Bob, 1000 red tips here cost 195!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

maybe this is why i missed rabbits at 50m last night

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Bloody hell Bob, 1000 red tips here cost 195!
    i know mate,

this is one reason my 17 may well be getting sold, its cheaper to run my 20tactical. but the rabbits are just like glove puppets all fur and head with nothing inside

bob.