Thread: job done!

job done!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th_Image0191[1].jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	12198had a call last week from the local farmer who was a little worried that he'd seen 2 foxes on his land an he was about to start lambing in a week or so's time...

so we went up for a walk with the lamp earlier in the week, we seen 1 an as soon as the lamp went on he legged it! strange i thought.. he'd looked like he'd been previously shot at! anyway we pressed on an a managed to squeak one in for a on the move head shot! he came in close mind anrd the wind was in our face! so much so that a load of fox blew back straight into my mates face! he then started spitting an said it had got into his mouth!!

anyway we didn't see anything else so we revisited a couple of nights later... only to see what we think was the same fox leg it yet again!
    so a change of tactic was in order so up early this morning an i went up an staked out a couple of its favourite fields... just me an my lurcher... sure enough i saw him a couple of fields away but couldnt get a shot! around 15mins later i noticed my lurchers lead going really tight!! i looked down the hedge only to see him on the way towards us... had to reposition the shooter really quick as he was onto us! in what seemeed like a blink of an eye i flicked the safety off, repositioned the rifle on the pod an dropped him as he was starting to leg it...
    job done!!
    the reason for him legging it in the first place... someone had been out the night before us!!
    will get a pic on soon...
    Last edited by soother223; 30-01-2012 at 23:04.

Well done, when is the lambing starting where you are, my local farmer has goat kids coming out all over the place for the next three weeks or more and lambing he says is end of march / April ?, thats gonna tie right in with fox cubs if he is correct

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Well done, when is the lambing starting where you are, my local farmer has goat kids coming out all over the place for the next three weeks or more and lambing he says is end of march / April ?, thats gonna tie right in with fox cubs if he is correct
    There are lambs all over the place around here. I shot a fox in amongst a load of them last night.

lambing started on a few farms around xmas, just starting to get serious now tho...