First of the year

Hw60sniper

<p>Well after being house bound for the last few weeks and becoming a armchair hunter and having to start back work tomorrow I went out yesterday to my range just to start used to be out again ,while there got a call from a freind to see how I was and to see if I fancied an early night out tonight so it was agreed a 1700 start.Just after leaving my house literally 100yds we spot I spot a charlie in the field across from me the only problem being we had to drive another 200 odd yds to get to a gate that was accessable once in the field we tried a few calls but this charlie wasnt playing.After a drive round this farm with nothing else showing we went on to the next and within 5 mins I had this 1 in my sights but rather than run etc this 1 lay down only 90yds away from me and paid the price.<br>
Johnstones1st2012.jpg
</p><p>We then went to another couple of farms with 2 showing but no shots on so back to my local farm and within minutes Id spotted another some 250yds away ,my mate tried his wigeon call that was showing no interest so I tried my vixen call(thanks KSB)&nbsp;and it came running in ,once at 60yds I whistled to stop it and it duly sat down only for my mate to fluff the shot and off it went I jumped out and over the bonnet and with me guiding him he managed to track said charlie at the other end of the field which is 200yds long I got it just as it stopped to negosiate the gate and down it went .<br>
Roberts2nd2012.jpg
</p><p>First was a dog the second that came to the vixen call was a vixen .Good to be back :thumb:

Lol, thought it might have been Wull again. So it was a quick evening then, what time did you finish?

Back in for 8 mate ,maybe try some off that late night stuff on tuesday depending how much work takes out me the next 2 days :lol:

Back