Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park Culling Opportunities

Park Culling Opportunities

We have only a few places left on our park culls in Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire.

This is a perfect opportunity for you to practice for your DSCL2, and get experience of culling several deer in one day.

Please EMAIL me at mike@jelendeer.com for full details.

Regards,

Mike
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer- Committed to excellence

Just got back from a two day cull with Jelen, and all I can say is that it was fantastic. Over the two days I was expertly instructed in all aspects of stalking, culminating with me being allowed out on my own ( with a walkie talkie for that extra bit of confidence. First day 2 red stags in first spike. Red hind. 2 common fallow bucks approx 3 yrs . Second day 2 sika hinds, 2 sika stags in 1st head a 4 yr fallow buck, roe doe.

The experience that can be gained and the knowledge that can be absorbed in such a short space of time is second to none, and for someone like me who has done level one and signed up for level two, a cull, in my opinion, is the way to go.

Many thanks to Mike a Jelen, and look forward to seeing you soon.
    Neil
    Last edited by neil the plumber; 01-02-2012 at 23:08. Reason: unable to read own writing.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5/284matt View Post
    A roe buck ?????
    And doe! Must have been October/November.

Just got back from a two say stalk and breaking the law .

You can only shoot a dependant buck if you shoot or about to shoot its mother. Its not dependant at this time of year, you are going to get some flack over this if you don't change your story.
    What did mike Jelen say. You say expertly instructed. What was the cull plan . One of the main things before you start shooting is the cull plan. I take it you were instructed to shoot anyting you see.Three year old fallow bucks please tell us what the trouphys are like. Ten deer in two day's and shoot what ever you see. Im not sure mike jelen deer will confirm your two days stalking with them as they have a very good reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by neil the plumber View Post
    Just got back from a two day cull with Jelen, and all I can say is that it was fantastic. Over the two days I was expertly instructed in all aspects of stalking, culminating with me being allowed out on my own ( with a walkie talkie for that extra bit of confidence. First day 2 red stags in first spike. Red hind. 2 common fallow bucks approx 3 yrs and a roe buck. Second day 2 sika hinds, 2 sika stags in 1st head a 4 yr fallow buck, roe doe.

The experience that can be gained and the knowledge that can be absorbed in such a short space of time is second to none, and for someone like me who has done level one and signed up for level two, a cull, in my opinion, is the way to go.

Many thanks to Mike a Jelen, and look forward to seeing you soon.
    Neil
    A Roe buck????? ................ A Roe doe?????

I reckon you got a bit confused there Neil, there are no Roe deer enclosed in any of the parks we manage. I think you might be confusing the tiny Sika you shot with Roe deer. As pointed out by 6.5/284matt, yorksjt, and woodfordfallow, if you had shot any Roe bucks, you would have been breaking the law - and that simply wouldn't have happened.

Regards,

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by woodfordfallow View Post
    Just got back from a two say stalk and breaking the law .

You can only shoot a dependant buck if you shoot or about to shoot its mother. Its not dependant at this time of year, you are going to get some flack over this if you don't change your story.
    What did mike Jelen say. You say expertly instructed. What was the cull plan . One of the main things before you start shooting is the cull plan. I take it you were instructed to shoot anyting you see.Three year old fallow bucks please tell us what the trouphys are like. Ten deer in two day's and shoot what ever you see. Im not sure mike jelen deer will confirm your two days stalking with them as they have a very good reputation.
    Hi Brian,

thanks for pointing this out and I would say that Neil must have gotten confused with the tiny Sika spikers and Sika hinds that he shot. They were about the size of Roe - but certainly not Roe. The animals which featured in the cull plan were the poorest specimens of. Red deer, Fallow and Sika -

Regards,

M

Phew thats ok. No need to beat any one up here. Good job some members didn't get hold of this.
    Could have been a life and death experiance.
    We all have something to learn from every body we meet.
    I saw a fox last week told the chap with me it was a roe doe.
    And i am the guide. Should have gone to specsavers
    cheers Mike

sorry for the confusion.

Sorry for the confusion and uproar I may of caused. A genuine mistake on my part writing up my notes the day after and then reading back through them this morning. I clearly got it wrong.I did not shoot a roe buck. I am very new to this game, and that is why I will attend as many training days as I can.

Mike, many many apologise for this balls up on my part.

Gentlemen of this web site, please forgive me for a clerical error.

Neil