Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripped of by land owner

Thumbs down Ripped of by land owner

I would like to warn shooters that some land owners are cashing on shooting. A very good friend of mine has been helping a farmer and shot loads of rabbits to save his corn. Then caught all his moles to save the damage to his silage.
    The Farmer said that the guy that used to have the shooting has not been for over a year. So if he keeped the vermin under control he can have the deer stalkng and the bird shooting on his own. One day he had seen pigeons on the corn so called the farmer to say i will be shooting them tomorrow.Well the farmer says there is some boys coming saturday to shoot them. He now finds that this farmer gets work done by plumers, sparkies. carpenters all come do some work for the shooting then find out someone else is also shooting there. I now get the shooting rights signed up so we know where we stand. The barter system is ok but be warned .

Please let us know if you have any stories about land owners taking us for a ride.
    regards Brian
    Last edited by woodfordfallow; 30-01-2012 at 16:10. Reason: colour change

Brian can you do me a favour, can you change the font colour to black for me,I need new glasses and find it differcult to read

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonevo View Post
    Brian can you do me a favour, can you change the font colour to black for me,I need new glasses and find it differcult to read

thanks
    Hope thats ok but you can zoom on the top right hand side of this page.
    looks like a wheel. regards brian

This is nothing new, plenty farmers take the piss really. Even if you have shot for a good while on a farm, this does not mean the farmer will say no, if he thinks he can score somit from a deal then your "right" to shoot will go out the window.

Brian, the way you get the to sign up is a bloody good idea, but what does happen if they let others in? how far can you go? There is always someone wanting to jump in your grave, all you have to do is mention stalking and everyone wants to know! With my patch im pretty safe as one my dad owns, and the other there will never be another allowed no matter how much money was offered!
    Also a lot of the smaller farms now a days every penny/bit of help counts when times are hard, also they find it hard to say no if its a freind/realtion, i know my dad still does it!

they generally want something for nothing,i lost 500 acres i shot for over 2 years because i shot a buck one evening and somebody must have seen me and rang the farm,little did i know the farmer didnt tell his wife i was thinning them down,he also didnt tell her he was having some of the carcase money,she told me not to come again,i was absalutely gutted,was kicked off feeling like a poacher,nearly sold all my gear it upset me so much,they are a funny breed any many cant be trusted,they are not all bad,do shoot for some nice ones.beware atb swarovski
    Last edited by swarovski; 30-01-2012 at 20:25.

If we have a farmer bashing post can we also have a post for folk who have let folk on their land only to have gates left open, buildings perforated, livestock scared, cases chucked in hedges, s**t unburied, etc. There are p**cks on both sides of the land owner/ permission seeking fence.

+1 The farmer owns the land. The rabbts are your sport. Way you say it is free. The farmer has a cost to bare. Without payment you assist him and so does the others. You want to be careful. If I was a local farmer and read that I would be glad my name was not Brian.Why slag the farmer for using vermin to cut costs? Jim

Quote Originally Posted by longlowdog View Post
    If we have a farmer bashing post can we also have a post for folk who have let folk on their land only to have gates left open, buildings perforated, livestock scared, cases chucked in hedges, s**t unburied, etc. There are p**cks on both sides of the land owner/ permission seeking fence.
    We are not talking about some shooters that dont respect the farmer .This guy has never been asked to leave a farm infact the farmer rang him and asked him to come and catch more moles for him. I look after my farmer's always call in and see them. drop off venison when i shoot some deer. I only shoot on farm's that i have the full permission and make sure i look after them . They don't let anyone in but if they do i am out of it no messing. I have tens of thousands of acres to shoot over.I also have a syndicate and i have to watch them carefully also. You can lose your good name by a friend messing it up.
    Most farmer's want a good job done to save them money. You do it for your sport so don't mess it up both sides
    regards Brian

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    +1 The farmer owns the land. The rabbts are your sport. Way you say it is free. The farmer has a cost to bare. Without payment you assist him and so does the others. You want to be careful. If I was a local farmer and read that I would be glad my name was not Brian.Why slag the farmer for using vermin to cut costs? Jim
    Hi there farmer's pay me to shoot rabbits and have for 10 years i am that good .I get asked to come shoot on their farms. They are very impressed by the job and often drive me around you got the wrong guy. Last year i got a farm that had not been shot on for over two years. With a reference from my farmer next door rent free and i have shot 12 deer on it so far. Last week he said you're going to walk a long way out tonight why not take my gator .He will also be happy when i take his sausages around. So i wont be to worried about my name. For all the farmer's on this site yes its Brian from St Austell with the Toyota. Thats been looking after you for years. I hope your still happy .I know some of you have been good friends for over thirty years.