mole trap

What a coincidence, I've just set two scissor traps in my garden. I've caught 5 over the last 7 years and am quite a dab hand at it now. Very satisfying when you get them and I normally catch them in the first 12 hours of setting them. Make sure you get all the loose soil from the tunnel, cover your hands in soil to get rid of your human smell and make sure no light gets into the hole.

It's not rocket science to catch them whichever traps u decide to use, all will catch them if u set them rite althou some are better than others. BUT the 1 piece off advice i'd give is if/when the mole starts filing ur traps with soil jist stop trying and get someone more experienced/profesional in. The more they learn to spring a trap the harder they get to catch.
Good luck with it

I love the 5 moles in 7 years part of your reply i am sure you was serious about becoming a dab hand at it but it did make me smile.Please don"t take offence but as a professional mole trapper you can probably see where i'm coming from.All the best and keep on trappin'
What a coincidence, I've just set two scissor traps in my garden. I've caught 5 over the last 7 years and am quite a dab hand at it now. Very satisfying when you get them and I normally catch them in the first 12 hours of setting them. Make sure you get all the loose soil from the tunnel, cover your hands in soil to get rid of your human smell and make sure no light gets into the hole.

I came across his one when looking for something to deal with rats. Seems it does moles also.

It looks like fun and the closest you will get to using the 12 bore!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3252202206965996879#

"There is no legislation preventing the Rodenator or other similar devices being used to collapse empty burrows or tunnel systems but it is against the law to use it for killing any wild animals."

Quoted from BASC web page.
The Rodenator and other similar devices

Back