Thread: good night foxing

good night foxing

Just in was out for 2 hours round a couple of farms with gazza .3 foxes in total .gazza's first fox 275yards to 300 yards right between the eyes thats all we could see behind a fallen tree must have thought it was safe after jumping over the tree . great night red up before the lambing
    Last edited by dean; 31-01-2012 at 01:01. Reason: mistake

Quote Originally Posted by dean View Post
    Just in was out for 2 hours round a couple of farms with gazza .3 foxes in total .gazza's first fox 275yards to 300 yards right between the eyes thats all we could see behind a fallen tree must have thought it was safe after jumping over the tree . great night red up before the lambing
    Glad somebody had a good night, we went out,got to the first field,full of bloody horses,went to another part of the farm that is usually productive, started to call and the heavens opened, so went home haha cant win em all

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Glad somebody had a good night, we went out,got to the first field,full of bloody horses,went to another part of the farm that is usually productive, started to call and the heavens opened, so went home haha cant win em all
    yes me and my dad had a short night also. very frosty on the ground. see a couple of foxes but not hanging about. never mind some days go well others dont. thats shooting for you

I went out last night to see if I could deal with the fox that had killed a goose and countless bantams the night before. On the way over, I stopped and checked the lambs in a couple of fields on another farm. In the second one I spotted a fox ducking and diving about close to the flock. He was a long way out, but there was no way that I was going to leave him to attack the young lambs, so decided to take a shot. I did my best, but with all the snowflakes in the air, I missed. Unluckily for the fox, it misjudged where the shot came from and ran straight towards me. A loud 'pop' told me that my Blitzking had found its mark. The farmer was very pleased when I 'phoned in this morning.

I wasn't so fortunate on the second farm - there is only one approach route to the paddock that holds all the poultry houses, and the wind was not in my favour. A couple of minutes after I started checking the area over with the thermal imager, I heard the sound of small footsteps behind me in the snow. I spun round and saw that there was a fox about ten feet away and in the midst of doing a cartoon-stylee rapid exit. It must have got to within a yard of me. By the time I'd got the rifle up and the covers off the NV scope, it was nowhere to be seen. There was a herd of red deer on the other side of the nearby hedge, and as I hate disturbing them unnecessarily, I decided it'd be better to try again another night. It maybe time to stick my high seat up overlooking the goose pen...